Thread: Would remote exploit host this?

Hybrid View

Default Would remote exploit host this?

If someone were to have a VM working (with slapt/gslapt fixes installed) and could upload it as a zip for just under 900k, would RE be interested in hosting it for other n00bs to get started easier?

If someone were to have a VM working (with slapt/gslapt fixes installed) and could upload it as a zip for just under 900k, would RE be interested in hosting it for other n00bs to get started easier?
    BT3 Final is right around the corner and this issue among many others will most likely be fixed in it. There is also always the problem with making sure that no other alterations with malicious intent has been done to the OS if it where to be hosted by Remote-Exploit officially. I also assume that you are talking about 900 Mb not 900 Kb? Otherwise it would be quite a feat
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

There is also the issue of removing the learning experience from said n00bz with such a build. I think that that, among other things, is one of the fundamental parts of becoming a better hacker, and user in general; learning how your system works and how to make it work for you is essential....

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKill View Post
    There is also the issue of removing the learning experience from said n00bz with such a build. I think that that, among other things, is one of the fundamental parts of becoming a better hacker, and user in general; learning how your system works and how to make it work for you is essential....
    I can see what you mean. The more they have to do, the more they have to learn.

Also, the more they learn , the more they can help others and contribute to the community.

But, they will have to learn this stuff even with this little helping hand.

There is already an "official" VM of BT2final available, if that's any use to you?

It's hosted on EthiclaHacker.net

Maybe a BT3 VM might follow, once it's released as a final version..............

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

As well it also available on the VMWare website here.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    BT3 Final is right around the corner and this issue among many others will most likely be fixed in it. There is also always the problem with making sure that no other alterations with malicious intent has been done to the OS if it where to be hosted by Remote-Exploit officially. I also assume that you are talking about 900 Mb not 900 Kb? Otherwise it would be quite a feat
    Oops! You're right. 900Mb NOT Kb.

It's just a copy of the vm that I have patched for slapt. I'm still too n00b15h to add anything malicious. Maybe one day I'll be there, but today ain't that day.

With BT3 just around the corner, I could wait for it. But, I was thinking that this could help out immediately. As we all are aware, every minute with things like WEP are minutes of danger. I was just thinking that some may be able to use this to show the dangers to their company managers or owners and get their networks safer sooner.

Just burned his ISO

Default host alt maybe??

Quote Originally Posted by squishyalt View Post
    well i suppose that someone with a domain could possibly create a subdomain
    for such thingz especially if the requester had a copy of BT3 final (usb) that could be uploaded also but of course said arrangements would need to be done off board.

oh %nick_here% on the google mail service will reach me MR Draven