Thread: New to Back Track, getting a Bios Bug + other issues

Hybrid View

Default New to Back Track, getting a Bios Bug + other issues

Stumbled across the version of linux tonight and im excited to check it out. But im having some issues, I had the .iso put onto my usb drive everything worked fine booted etc then I selected the Live option so I could check it out without installing to the HDD. It goes through and then gives me a PCI:BIOS Bug #b1[00000031] found. It still continues to load after it displays that I get to the command area and try typing in root hit enter says root program isnt installed type such and such command to install it. So I then type login hit enter. Then it asks for the login so I type root and then for the password toor says its incorrect tried that multiple times. After that I type startx something happens loads to a white screen and I hear some kind of startup sound and it just sits at the white screen. What am I doing wrong so I can get this running? Ive also just now tried burning the iso to dvd does the same thing. Thanks.

Default Re: New to Back Track, getting a Bios Bug + other issues

Sounds like you need more experience with Linux. When backtrack loads from the live-image, you are automatically logged in!

I definately need more experience with linux and im working on that as we speak. What about startx typing that brings up the white screen, with the startup sounds being played but it doesent go anywere it just stays on the white screen and doesent progress. Can anyone shed some light on that for me.

Disregard this post I figured it out it seems I dont have the right settings for x-server for my monitor and graphics card.
    Last edited by balding_parrot; 01-16-2010 at 06:18 AM.