Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connecting to wireless network

Just burned his ISO

Default Connecting to wireless network

Hello,

I havent used back|track for awhile now due to school, but I just got a laptop and said, hey lets try this on it. So the laptop boots up great into back|track and runs it fine, but when I try to connect to my wireless network, it wont connect, or if it does, I get some popups by the kde environment saying it is connected. I get about 10 of these popups and then the connection is dropped.

Have any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
    -3xpl0it

P.S. the Link Quality is maxed out, and in windows xp, I can connect great to my network.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3xpl0it View Post
    Hello,

I havent used back|track for awhile now due to school, but I just got a laptop and said, hey lets try this on it. So the laptop boots up great into back|track and runs it fine, but when I try to connect to my wireless network, it wont connect, or if it does, I get some popups by the kde environment saying it is connected. I get about 10 of these popups and then the connection is dropped.

Have any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
    -3xpl0it

P.S. the Link Quality is maxed out, and in windows xp, I can connect great to my network.

Well thanks alot for the generous amount of info that you posted here.
    I am glad that you now have free time away from school.

Care to tell us about your card?
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Hello,

Thanks for taking interest in this thread. The card is 802.11g Integrated 10/100 Wireless LAN Card.

Here is a link to the laptop to what the laptop is with full specs (Doesn't give a model ): h ttp://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/Gateway/7000Series/4997sp3.shtml

It's not the best, but when it's free you definitely cannot complain! :P

Thanks again!
    -3xpl0it

Hello, Thanks for taking interest in this thread. The card is 802.11g Integrated 10/100 Wireless LAN Card.
    There are a lot of cards like the above so this is not really helpful.
    Here is a link to the laptop to what the laptop is with full specs (Doesn't give a model ): h ttp://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/Gateway/7000Series/4997sp3.shtml
    In the case of hardware specs you should do the research and tell us what the wireless cards specs are so the we do not have to do your work for you. This my friend is not only better for us but even better for you. This is the only way you will ever learn. Ohh and I got a 404 when I tried to access this model on the gateway website.
    It's not the best, but when it's free you definitely cannot complain! :P
    Thanks again!
    -3xpl0it
    This is true not only that but when you ask others to do your work for you it is a crap-shoot on the quality you will get back.

So here is how you make it all better, Boot up your computer w/BT and then do a lspci and then paste the results to a website like pastebin or find your wireless card in the output of the command and then you can look on the wiki to see if your wireless card is supported. The wiki will also most likely give you the commands needed to use the card.

Once you have found this information then you can come back here and post the results of your findings so that when others see this thread they may learn something useful as well.
    Good luck
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    Back|Track Wiki

Just burned his ISO

Sorry, the gateway site was useless. Anywho, it is a Broadcom BCM4318. So I went and read the wiki and what do you know, my card is in there. Now, I know I'm a noob, but I don't get what I am suppose to do. I see I am suppose to do an inject of some sort, but I am a bit confused. Would you be willing to help me out? Here is the direct link to the wiki and the article. h ttp://backtrack.offensive-security.com/index.php/HCL:Wireless#Broadcom_BCM4318_802.11b.2Fg Note: I am not allowed to post links so the h is all alone...

I would love to learn what is going on in the process, I don't just want to leech, but I am super confused.

Sorry for being a noob, and thanks for helping me out with what you have so far.
    -3xpl0it

Update: I tried the aireplay-ng -9 -e myssid -a routersmacaddress eth0 (I restarted and the network card switched to eth0 lol) then my reply was No such BSSID available.... Any ideas?

Sorry, the gateway site was useless.
    Just like I said above.
    Now, I know I'm a noob, but I don't get what I am suppose to do.
    What all good noob's who do not want to be a noob forever do. RTFM

I see I am suppose to do an inject of some sort, but I am a bit confused.
    First you should learn what injection is.

Would you be willing to help me out?
    Have I not ? If yes see above if no continue.

I would love to learn what is going on in the process, I don't just want to leech, but I am super confused.
    Then learn that google and this forum's search functions as others have stated are your friends.
    Sorry for being a noob, and thanks for helping me out with what you have so far.
    -3xpl0it
    Don't apologize for being a noob, but rather for not having done your own research. ( And don't literally post with an apology.)
    Edit: I did a ifconfig and it looks like my wireless card is eth1 for future reference.
    Code:
    bt ~ # ifconfig eth0 up
    bt ~ # iwconfig eth0 mode Monitor channel #
    BTW the answer lies within the info on the wiki link you provided.

When you look read this post due note that the information is all there for you to find what it is you are looking for. 99% of your homework has been done for you.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    Back|Track Wiki

Just burned his ISO

Update: I tried the aireplay-ng -9 -e myssid -a routersmacaddress eth1 then my reply was No such BSSID available.... Any ideas?

I tried that and get nothing. Note: do I need a command for my WEP? I looked in the aireplay-ng --help and didn't see anything about that. Once I do the following command, I cannot see any networks period: iwconfig eth1 If I run iwconfig eth1 mode Auto, I can see my network back again.

I followed everything the guy did in his first post, except I get: No such BSSID available

I also substituted my correct card in, and I did put in the mac address for the router.
    -3xpl0it

Just burned his ISO

Ok, now I am getting somewhere.

I can do
    aireplay-ng -1 0 -e myssid -a accesspointmac -h mywirelesscardmac eth1
    and I get

Sending Authentication Request (Open System) ack
    Authenticaiton successful
    Sending Association Request [ACK]
    Association Successful :-)
    then I try
    aireplay-ng -3 -b accesspointmac -h wirelesscardmac eth1
    and I get

Saving ARP requests in replay_arp-0612-151200.cap
    You should also start airodump-ng to capture replies.
    write failed: Cannot allocate memoryests and 1727 ACKs), sent 2249 packets.. (499 pps)
    wi_write(): Illegal seek
    I did a little reason on the wi_write() error and here is what I found from the airplay-ng website.
    write failed: Cannot allocate memory wi_write(): Illegal seek

When using a broadcom chipset and related driver you get something similar to:

write failed: Cannot allocate memory wi_write(): Illegal seek

This is due to a bug in the original bcm43xx patch. Use SuD's modified patch to fix this. Alternatively, you can try using the b43 driver instead of bcm43xx. (B43 requires aireplay-ng 1.0-beta2 or newer; 1.0 rc1 or svn is recommended.)
    Then I found loads of info at this site: h ttp://aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=broadcom

They say to download this patch called "B43" as that is the new broadcom release. However, this won't work with back|track's kernal. Do you have any suggestions or ideas that I should try?

Update: I switched over to Ubuntu and downloaded the B43 drivers for the wireless card and they work great! That is exactly what I need. Is their anyway we could include this into back|track?

Thanks in advance,
    -3xpl0it

Just burned his ISO

Sorry, but may I bump?

Just burned his ISO

Heh, if I am reading you correct, you are trying to connect to your wireless network with aircrack-ng.

This is one of the funniest things I have ever seen on these forums.

I think if I am correct in saying this, then this post should be given a special spot on it's own little special subforum. Just by itself. For all to gaze upon

Sorry, I just had to say that. If you truly are using aircrack-ng to connect to your wireless network, then there is something seriously wrong.

Maybe I just took your remarks out of context. Sry if I did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast