Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Social Engineering - need some help

Indeed, it looks like we have another Kevin in the making......

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKill View Post
    That's great news. Glad to hear if worked out well for you....

AND

Wanna buy an iPhone anyone?!

I have that haha i freaking love it too

Quote Originally Posted by Tully View Post
    I have that haha i freaking love it too
    I do not mean to offend you, but you shouldn't have an image in your signature. It's a cool image, really it is, but it could compromise the forum's security. The URL sent shivers up my spine. Funny that nobody else noticed, I actually think it is against the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity
    Members signatures may NOT contain URL links, in any form.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Denv View Post
    I do not mean to offend you, but you shouldn't have an image in your signature. It's a cool image, really it is, but it could compromise the forum's security. The URL sent shivers up my spine. Funny that nobody else noticed, I actually think it is against the rules.
    That isn't in anyone's sig.......

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKill View Post
    That isn't in anyone's sig.......
    LOL, there isn't now.

I got talking to Tully on IRC about the signature. He removed the image from his signature and everything is OK now ...Thats why you cant see anything

Default Great Thread!

I am just starting up in computer security and all, and this thread is something that i really look forward to doing someday. It has really been a treat to read this. Thanks for sharing.

Johnny Boy

Good friend of the forums williamc's Avatar

I had no idea so many people were interested! If I can remove the company names from the recordings, I'll try and upload some of my calls so you all can listen to them. My personal favorite is where we unknowingly call someone at the help desk claiming to be from the help desk. DOH!

William

Would be really great to be able to listen to some of the calls and get some "hands on" reports.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by williamc
    "Hello sir, could you give me your password please?" Seriously, who the hell would go for that?
    You would be supprised !!! I have used this one on many of occasion and it does work. All you need is a little friendly chat and catch them off guard. I don't condone illegal activity, but one company I used to work for tried to rip me off and not pay the invoice for a website I built. Then they contacted the hosing company and locked me out After 10 mins of calling at different times I finally got a young woman that liked to chat after 15 mins I had the username and passwords for all 5 urls lol

She was like "I can't tell you that sir. But it begins with s and ends with ummer1970" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_GrEeN View Post
    You would be supprised !!! I have used this one on many of occasion
    After 10 mins of calling at different times I finally got a young woman that liked to chat after 15 mins I had the username and passwords for all 5 urls lol

She was like "I can't tell you that sir. But it begins with s and ends with ummer1970" lol
    HAH! well I guess it can't be illegal for you to flat out ASK for the password then again the hosting company giving them to you is a totally different story.
    ================================================== ===
    Dr. Walter - Depraved linguist, Benevolent troublemaker extraordinaire
    ================================================== ===

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast