Thread: Alternatives to aircrack-ng?

Default Alternatives to aircrack-ng?

Since the error in aircrack-ng has been found and it has become of little use to my pentesting, I was wondering what other WEP penetration testing tools are favorites of BT2/BT3 users.

So, if aircrack-ng won't work for ya, what's your next choice to pentest 128 bit WEP?

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by squishyalt View Post
    Since the error in aircrack-ng has been found and it has become of little use to my pentesting, I was wondering what other WEP penetration testing tools are favorites of BT2/BT3 users.
    So, if aircrack-ng won't work for ya, what's your next choice to pentest 128 bit WEP?
    The real question may be why does aircrack-ng not work for you?
    And if this tool does not allow you to crack a wep key why would you want to move on to something harder? If you are getting an error with aircrack-ng then maybe you should research that error first.
    If you are serious about pen-testing then maybe you should invest in hardware that is compatible with the tools you seek to use.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    The real question may be why does aircrack-ng not work for you?
    And if this tool does not allow you to crack a wep key why would you want to move on to something harder?
    I don't recall saying anything about searching for a "harder" solution.....just a solution.

If you are getting an error with aircrack-ng then maybe you should research that error first.
    And just what makes you think I haven't?

In fact, I have. The writers of aircrack-ng have confirmed the bug (actually my sample cap confirmed more than one problem with aircrack-ng).

If you are serious about pen-testing then maybe you should invest in hardware that is compatible with the tools you seek to use.
    Again with the assumptions! You are just full of them aren't you?

My hardware is on the list of accepted tools for aircrack-ng.

In fact, I downloaded the aircrack vm and used the newest version of aircrack-ng -- not just the dated version in BT3 beta.

Are there any more assumptions you'd care to make about this topic, or do you have a tool to suggest?