Thread: BT3 and wag511 card

Just burned his ISO

Default BT3 and wag511 card

I'm really trying to get this card to work in monitor mode with bt3. I've read all the post that my searching could find and I've downloaded what I thought was the Ath5k drivers in a package called madwifi-0.9... but when I extrack the fol.der to a new folder on my disktop I find no drivers to use. Ive allso downloaded Commview and got that program to install a driver that reads [CommView] Atheros Wireless Network Adaper Bt3 reconizzes the card as ath0 however when open a new shell and type airmon-ng stop Ath0 and I get vap distroyed and the card dissapears. Seaching Vap distroyed I read those posts too but they did not slove my problem. Please please can anyone help me have I missed a step. Thank you "BEN"

Just burned his ISO

Default No help here

You can beleave I've read it all. And I still cant get this card into moitor mode.Even though its been said the card will work with bt3. Its got to be the commveiw driver I installed. But I cant find a differant inf file to up grade the driver. Ive even tryed ZD1211nx even when I unzip the file there is no inf. file I'm lost and so frustrated i'm just about ready to give up. That card cost me 72.00 dollars. I bought that one becuase it was on the list of cards I found on this site.Netgear Wag511.

Ok first list what all commands you have used so far to make it work.
    second post your ifconfig -a & iwconfig command's output after booting bt3.

Just burned his ISO

After futher research and wacthing the videos I've gotten my wag511 into monitor mode with these commands airmon-ng , airmon-ng stop ath0 ,airmon-ng start wifi0 , ath0 Monitor mode enabled , Its only taken me two weeks and countless times of rebooting to find the command that works. I'm trying to crack my own wpa psk wireless network that my cable co. setup for me. why you ask becuase its there. after all this now I cant find a dictionary. I got the handshake. Thanks for the help "BEN"