Thread: IPW3945 Backtrack on VMWARE help...

Just burned his ISO

Default IPW3945 Backtrack on VMWARE help...

Hi everbody....i'm really2 noob in this OS...actually i'm try to use VMware workstation 6 with BT2 as guest OS....my problem is didnot detecting IPW3945 intel wireless card...i'm already follow all the instruction that given..but still cannot....if someone can teach step by step to doing right..i'm really appricated.....tq all

Just burned his ISO

I dont think that vmware have support for wifi inside guest

I dont think that vmware have support for wifi inside guest
    Actually it does, at least under Windows which I am assuming you use as your host OS. I sadly can not provide you with a step-by-step tutorial for getting it to work, but google should be able to help you with this.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

ninwii

im not sure but i think there is no loopthrough mechanism like in xen. so its just possible to use a bridge or tap interface in vmware not the wireless itself.

Developer

I may be wrong however I believe the only wifi that vmware or any other virtual machine will support is USB.

Just burned his ISO

Thank bro....i'malready follow the instruction but still can....if u don't mind can give the link for my reference?...tq bro u all

PureH@te is right , VMware (Tested myself upto verison 6.0.2 anyway) does NOT support internal wifi cards or PCIMCA cards, USB only is the way to go..

MaxWeb