Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cant find my Network Card

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy Cant find my Network Card

I've tried to look for my card at Working/Not Working Cards "D-Link DWL-G520 Wireless PCI Adapter", cuz when i start bt3 it says: Can't find Network Card/driver , is there something im doing wrong ? highest likely yea, but tell me please ;D

Try loading the driver from the disk that came with the card, if you don't have that then go to Dlink web site and download it. if you only have a windows box to access the internet get a usb stick and format it in fat32 and find the driver then boot to backtrack, plug in the stick and go from there, possibility of having to use ndiswrapper, but i'm not sure--(google or search button here)
    and if you're not at least booting bt3 from your hard drive, or dual booting you are not living... as well as... well, you'll figure it out

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by J05HUA View Post
    Try loading the driver from the disk that came with the card, if you don't have that then go to Dlink web site and download it. if you only have a windows box to access the internet get a usb stick and format it in fat32 and find the driver then boot to backtrack, plug in the stick and go from there, possibility of having to use ndiswrapper, but i'm not sure--(google or search button here)
    and if you're not at least booting bt3 from your hard drive, or dual booting you are not living... as well as... well, you'll figure it out
    Well well. My Driver is correct installed, that's why in can write this. But are you saying i shall install the driver when i've booted to Bt3 ?

That depends, are you using bt3 from your hard drive, or live cd?
    There is a way to add the driver to the live disk, but I've already put it on to my hd, shouldn't be that much difference between the two.
    When you are posting are you using bt3 or windows to get here?
    I ask about the live disk cause i'm not sure if the update procedure only keeps the updates until you shut down the computer-- I used CD-R's so trying to put drivers or updates on the disk was a mute point after I had finalized it.
    Definately check out dual booting, its awesome when you get it right, then you just access the internet and start updating whatever you want.
    Also check out how to "load the driver"-- not sure cause my cards aren't having any problems yet( thank you backtrack)
    Search button should be of great help-- to both of us

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by J05HUA View Post
    That depends, are you using bt3 from your hard drive, or live cd?
    There is a way to add the driver to the live disk, but I've already put it on to my hd, shouldn't be that much difference between the two.
    When you are posting are you using bt3 or windows to get here?
    I ask about the live disk cause i'm not sure if the update procedure only keeps the updates until you shut down the computer-- I used CD-R's so trying to put drivers or updates on the disk was a mute point after I had finalized it.
    Definately check out dual booting, its awesome when you get it right, then you just access the internet and start updating whatever you want.
    Also check out how to "load the driver"-- not sure cause my cards aren't having any problems yet( thank you backtrack)
    Search button should be of great help-- to both of us
    Yes i use Live-CD

Have you tried to type:
    iwconfig at the command prompt?
    I know that sounds simple but you aren't giving alot of details.
    It may sound redundant, but give everything you've tried to the post
    (type it out for us to see) and someone will take a look and point out what's going on. without the details.....

command prompt=windows

shell konsol=linux

josh google is ur friend,use it...............

I use both man, windows at work linux for fun, got em confused, my bad but essentially the same basic thing

yeah sweet dude im just giving u shit cause u told me to google a question i posted before, i was waiting 4 u to slip up and u did, revenge is sweet but no hard feelings mate

catch ya.........:-)

easyy, I'm still on windows' tit, hard to reprogram oneself-- like switching from russian to polish then back to english

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast