Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bluetooth Pentest

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I'd say probably 90% of the people here use it for non-exploitative purposes.
    Yeah I use it for downloading pr0n and making all of my spreadsheets in open office. Ohh and I like to listen to musick with BT as well.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Thank you Dr_GrEeN. I was able to get a Dlink DBT-120 ver C1 and it has the External ROM, which should work. I am not able to find the replacement ROM to perform the CSR update however; airsnifferxxxx.dfu or the csr_sniffer.c used in your tutorial video. Can you provide a link?

Thank you Dr_GrEeN. I was able to get a Dlink DBT-120 ver C1 and it has the External ROM, which should work. I am not able to find the replacement ROM to perform the CSR update however; airsnifferxxxx.dfu or the csr_sniffer.c used in your tutorial video. Can you provide a link?
    The only way to legally obtain this firmware is to actually buy a comprobe, which would kind of render the whole process useless.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    Yeah I use it for downloading pr0n and making all of my spreadsheets in open office. Ohh and I like to listen to musick with BT as well.
    Okay, maybe I should have said non-illegal purposes.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    The only way to legally obtain this firmware is to actually buy a comprobe, which would kind of render the whole process useless.
    Then why post a video showing how-to because the only way to get the firmware is to purchase the FTS4BT software, and if purchased then that would render the video meaningless...

The rest is up to you to figure out.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

chmod the video is just an example how somebody could flash a bluetooth dongle with frontlines firmware and not a step by step guide on how to break the law as our all my guides and videos posted here.

If you really do work in security you would know that any company would not want or require you to break the law to obtain testing equipment hence my last questions!

If the company you work for would like a competent person to carry out some bluetooth tests on your systems my msn address is on my profile

If you are really intrested in this stuff I suggest that you do some more research into the subject as you seem to not even understand what rom, ram and firmware is

Quote Originally Posted by chmod
    I am not able to find the replacement ROM to perform the CSR update however; airsnifferxxxx.dfu or the csr_sniffer.c used in your tutorial video. Can you provide a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_GrEeN View Post
    as you seem to not even understand what rom, ram and firmware is
    I guess I have the soicial engineering part down pretty well then eh.

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chmod
    I guess I have the soicial engineering part down pretty well then eh.
    LOL your social engineering skills stink Your last question was like me asking a brain surgeon "How do you remove a tumor? I'm a brain surgeon working for an unknown hospital and they have asked me to remove one from some guy." lol! Don't take my comments the wrong way if you are really interested in this stuff stick at it but do some more research into the subject.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Okay, maybe I should have said non-illegal purposes.
    I knew what you meant Barry
    Besides the spreadsheets I do in BT are legal.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12