I am a security analyst and I work for an agency. Our ISO would like to perform a pentest of bluetooth in our building to determine possible security leaks. I have found that the USB Bluetooth device should be a CSR based chipset to perform the tests. I do not know the difference between the versions of the CSR chipsets e.g. v1-v6. And thus I have a few questions concerning Bluetooth;
1. What is the difference between CSR chipsets v1 - v6 as for hacking/pentesting is concerned.
2. What is meant by the term "Stack"
3. Can you define these features located at this link;
4. Can you recommend an external USB Bluetooth dongle (that has the ability to be modded or comes with an external antenna connection)?
- BD_ADDR VID&PID
5. What is the difference between "ROM" and "Firware"
Some reference links I have found: