Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linux Freezes when I try aireplay!

Just burned his ISO

Default Linux Freezes when I try aireplay!

So first I get airodump running, and I have it collecting packets from my network, but the packets are collected at a really slow rate, like 100 packets will take 5 minutes.. So I know I'm suppose to use aireplay to inject packets but...

When I type:

Code:
    aireplay-ng -1 0 -a TARGETMAC -h MYMAC wlan0
    It says its asking for authroization and then after about 10 seconds linux just freezes up and I have to manually restart my computer.

So Basically I cant inject my network with packets making it impossible to collect enough packets to crack my WEP I made.

any help??

PS: Where I type MYMAC, I've also tried putting in my stations MAC address too, it still freezes.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy1005 View Post
    So first I get airodump running, and I have it collecting packets from my network, but the packets are collected at a really slow rate, like 100 packets will take 5 minutes.. So I know I'm suppose to use aireplay to inject packets but...

When I type:

Code:
    aireplay-ng -1 0 -a TARGETMAC -h MYMAC wlan0
    It says its asking for authroization and then after about 10 seconds linux just freezes up and I have to manually restart my computer.

So Basically I cant inject my network with packets making it impossible to collect enough packets to crack my WEP I made.

any help??

PS: Where I type MYMAC, I've also tried putting in my stations MAC address too, it still freezes.
    your card might not support packet injection... damn, my crystal ball just broke, what kind of card were you using again?
    Try searching around to see if it supports it or not

Just burned his ISO

im using IPW3945, so yea it supports it, but apparantly i have to like go through all these steps to make it work with backtrack 2. I've tried the patches but none will work, they all fail when i get to /sbin/modprobe -r ipw3945. It says FATAL MODULE IPW3945 NOT FOUND.

Anyone have a fix for that??? Also i know in the very beginning you are suppose to type..

Sudo apt-get install build essential
    Sudo apt-get install libssl-dev

but for me it wont work, it says apt-get is not a command. I dunno if that really makes a difference or what, I'm not sure how important that step it.

im using IPW3945, so yea it supports it, but apparantly i have to like go through all these steps to make it work with backtrack 2. I've tried the patches but none will work, they all fail when i get to /sbin/modprobe -r ipw3945. It says FATAL MODULE IPW3945 NOT FOUND.
    Well no wonder you aren't able to get aireplay-ng working then. Usually one have to make sure the correct drivers are installed before they can actually be used.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    Well no wonder you aren't able to get aireplay-ng working then. Usually one have to make sure the correct drivers are installed before they can actually be used.
    Yes, but shouldn't IPW3945 work for injecting packets as long as you patch it?

Theres directions here...
    Code:
    hxxp://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=11430
    I don't think I have tried this directions yet, there seems to be so many out there on the internet, maybe ill try these and ill let you know if it works.

Also could it be a problem that im using airodump with my wlan0, and I'm using aireplay with my wlan0 as well? I only have one wireless card, but in those directions I see that he says to use wifi0 for aireplay. What if I dont have a wifi0 should i still type that in anyways? Or should i just leave it at wlan0.

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by tommy1005 View Post

Anyone have a fix for that??? Also i know in the very beginning you are suppose to type..

Sudo apt-get install build essential
    Sudo apt-get install libssl-dev

but for me it wont work, it says apt-get is not a command. I dunno if that really makes a difference or what, I'm not sure how important that step it.
    First off apt-get is a debian/ubuntu package manager which has nothing to do with backtrack. Second of all its not the ipw3945 drivers that need patching what you need is the ipraw drivers in order to monitor/inject. There is a new patch for the iwl-wifi drivers to inject however I have not had a chance to test it. If you are using bt2 there is a few tutorials on how to add the ipwraw drivers to it. If you are using bt3 the drivers are included so all you have to do is load them. There is a kde menu fix I posted a long time ago on the wiki to fix the menu links to load and unload the drivers. When it comes to the ipw3945 card you use the iwl-wifi drivers to surf and the ipwraw drivers to monitor and inject. Also remember one driver must be unloaded before the other one is loaded. I actuall made the menu links so if you use them it will unload the other driver before loading the one you selected.

In all actuality you should buy a real card if you want to do any real wifi work however if you just wanna h4x0r a little WEP to impress your friends the ipwraw drivers may work OK for you.

Just burned his ISO

yea i figured it out thanks to shaman in IRC, problem solved! Now i just gotta figure out how to actually get the packets sent to my router... It just builds up packets, but it stays at 0 ARP and 0 ACK

It just builds up packets, but it stays at 0 ARP and 0 ACK
    Well you will have to actually intercept an ARP packet first to be able to replay it using the ARP injection attack (-3). So you will have to generate some traffic at your network with another computer/wlan card for this attack to succeed.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    Well you will have to actually intercept an ARP packet first to be able to replay it using the ARP injection attack (-3). So you will have to generate some traffic at your network with another computer/wlan card for this attack to succeed.
    Oh now that makes a lot more sense on why it wasn't working...

However I dont have another computer to create traffic, so what I do is do a -4 attack. Then I Packetforge it, then I do Aireplay-ng -2 -r arp-request wifi0

and it starts sending a LOT of packets, and my airodump starts to receive a lot of data, but I'm having one small problem that maybe you know how to fix Tron. All those packets I'm receiving in airodump, they are not being saved anywhere in a .cap file. When I collect packets with my wlan0, I can type aircrack-ng -z filename-01.cap and it starts cracking right away. However when I collect packets with my rtap0 card aircrack seems to have trouble and says that the file or directory does not exist, I also can't find the .cap file anywhere in my Home folder, and I can always find it for my wlan0.

Any advice?

Also this is the command I type to collect data for airodump.

Code:
    airodump-ng -c 10 -w FileName --bssid APMAC ratap0
    starts collecting data, but the FileName is no where to be found...

Just burned his ISO

ok so i figured it out... apparantly when i was switching directories to ipwraw-ng and loading those drivers, i was stayinig in that directory when i ran airodump-ng, so the .cap files where being stored in there, so i switched back to root and i fixed the problem!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast