Thread: Problems booting BT 2

Hybrid View

Default Problems booting BT 2

I made a boot disk from the bt2final.iso in Nero on the lowest speed (which was 14x). I started to boot in onto another pc with no boot options, and it was doing a bunch of stuff until it started asking me for a Terminal type. Anyone have any idea what that is and what I should enter?

Ok, this is exactly what I'm doing:

1) I Download BackTrack 2 Final in Internet Explorer

2) Using HashCalc, I verify that the MD5 Value is 990940d975f13d8418b0daa175560ae0

3) In Nero 7 Ultra from the StartSmart menu I go to Backup>Burn Image to Disc, then a window open asking what type and I click 'Image, Project, Copy'.

4) After clicking 'Disc Image or Saved Project' from the 'Image, Project, Copy' menu, I select bt2final.iso and insert a blank CD-R disc into my drive.

5) I set the writing speed to the lowest it can go (16x), 'Write Method' is set to 'Track-at-once', 'Determine Maximum Speed' and 'Simulation' are left unchecked while 'Write' is still checked. Number of copies is set to 1, and 'Verify data on disc after burning' is checked.

6) I hit 'Burn' and it burns the disc then checks it.

7) I insert the disc into my other pc that is set up to check the drive for a boot disc.

8) I don't enter any boot parameters and just hit enter.

9) It's doing a lot of stuff...

10) It asks me for some type of something... and I enter vt200 because that's what my dad said to try ???

11) I enter 'root' for the login and 'toor' for the password.

12) I get the message 'Login Incorrect' so I shoot myself in the face...

That's as detailed as I can go right now. Any one know why this isn't working for me?

Just burned his ISO

user - root
    pass - root

Maybe?

I've tried every compilation of it you could think of, no luck...

root
    toor

ROOT
    TOOR

toor
    root

TOOR
    ROOT

toOR
    ROot

TOor
    roOT

root
    root

toor
    toor

ROOT
    ROOT

TOOR
    TOOR

etc...

Anyone have any ideas?

Just burned his ISO

I'm surprised it asked for a terminal type. I have a very old laptop (circa 1999) that behaves pretty well and I can log on correctly.

I really don't think the problem you're seeing is related to a bad disk image. If that were the case, you'd probably see crashes or it wouldn't boot at all. Anyway, you confirmed with the MD5 hash that it was correct.

What computer are you using?