Thread: Ettercap and Parallels

Default Ettercap and Parallels

Hi,
    i installed Backtrack on my Macbook with Parallels (Bridged Ethernet). If i start Ettercap (ettercap -T -q -M arp // //) in my Home Network, my Clients have no connection anymore. Any Ideas?

Maybe you are using wireless. In this case try ettercap without promisc mode.
    Either make sure your host system allow transit packets and there is no firewall which blocks this type of packet.

If i use another notebook in the same Network, there is no problem. But with Parallels on the Macbook, it doesnt work. i tried the non-promicious mode, without any success.

I also had this problem when using the command line. Try the GUI instead or changing your command line parameters.

although make sure etter.conf is configured for mitm attacks (iptabels-setup)

Just realised the problem! Change your command line from:

Code:
    ettercap -T -q -M arp // //
    to:

Code:
    ettercap -T -q -M arp:remote // //
    Then it should work!

Couldnt manage it till now, no http-connection at every machine in the network as far as i arp, with ":remote" as well. Anyone else using backtrack with parallels?

Just burned his ISO

Anybody any luck with this problem? I'm using BT3 on parallels on a macbook.
    I'm using the internal airport card (bridged with parallels), but when i ARP poison a client on the network with ettercap, his connection drops (even no ping). Re-ARPing doesn't seem to fix it..

Someone using ettercap in parallels on a macbook?

(previous mentioned solutions, :remote and non promiscuous mode also have no effect)