Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Alfa AWUS036H 500mW high tx power

I recieved the wifi champ meter, but I don't have batteries to put into it, I'll make it work soon, I will make tests and I will post you the results, it could be interesting
    --~ Internet is in the air we are breathing, so it should be free for everyone. We'll get there, just wait and see... ~--

Could you take a few measurements at different tx powers and then draw a graph out of the results?

M1ck3y....sounds really great! I and many others on the forum look forward to your results! I think the aircrack-ng forum would also be interested.

xCPPx....Yes, that would be perfect. I assume you are suggesting graphing the TX power setting (from: iwconfig wlan0 txpower <value of 0 to 35>) versus the actual TX power measured by the meter?

I wonder why the Alfa web site does not have this important info? Anyway, many thanks to M1ck3y for his testing efforts.

Alacrity

Quote Originally Posted by alacrityathome View Post
    xCPPx....Yes, that would be perfect. I assume you are suggesting graphing the TX power setting (from: iwconfig wlan0 txpower <value of 0 to 35>) versus the actual TX power measured by the meter?
    Precisely.

I am dying to see the results. M1ck3y, how soon can we expect them?

Well, I have it right here, a brand new wifi champ meter with no battery, please be a little patient, I first have to buy some rechargeable batteries and a charger, I have to learn how this thing works (sure it won't be long), and I have to test a lot of stuff, I want to make a test very seriously, so I must have some free hours to do everything. I'll give you news in the next days, please understand that I have a lot of work and it will take some time to do everything right, don't worry I'll tell you all the results soon.
    --~ Internet is in the air we are breathing, so it should be free for everyone. We'll get there, just wait and see... ~--

Yes, we are waiting for this

Just burned his ISO

Someone get this man some batteries!! :P

Ok, I just bought a battery this morning, I hope i will find some time to make the tests this weekend, I'll give you news soon.

Neat!

By the way, what is the exact model & manufacturer of the power measuring device you will be using? I see some interesting equipment (example: http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/prod...wer_meter.html) via googling....but would be interested to know which one you choose.

Thanks & good luck!

alacrity

That's the one I have! Cornet microsystems ED15, I read a few things about it, altough it's not expensive, it seems to have a good sensitivity, so that's not a thousand $ professionnal material, but it will perfectly work to compare different values of Tx power using differents cards and differents card settings. I'm working on it, I will post some results soon.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast