I recently heard about Backtrack and decided to try it out on a live cd but to my dismay I found that my wireless card doesn't work. Whenever I try to start networking it says that it failed to bring wlan0 up and it doesn't show up in ifconfig or iwconfig. I went through the backtrack site and found a page that talked about wireless cards and it said to install Broadcom's linux_sta driver and I did but it still isn't working. My wireless card is a Broadcom 4322AG 802-11a/b/g/draft-n. I followed the installation instructions and the wl.ko file thing is where it is supposed to be. I got rid of my other drivers and blacklisted them but it still doesn't work. When I look at the side of my computer there is a button that has the wireless antenna label beside it. When I push it in on windows it will switch between the color blue and the color orange/redish. When I am booted into Backtrack 4 it is always orange/redish. Could this mean that my wireless card is off and I don't have the proper drivers for it so I can't turn it back on? I don't know. Anyways, thanks for the help. My laptop is a Pavilion dv2. I don't know what other information you need but if you need any other information that would help fix this problem then I will happily provide you with it.

Thanks.