Thread: Programs dont work from menu

Default Programs dont work from menu

Hey all. For some reason all of my applications dont wanna work when i click on them in the menu screen. They load up for a second the the shell disappears @_0.... They all work if if i open up shell and type in the application. Its jus alittle annoying.

Any one got any ideas please?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by phil128 View Post
    Hey all. For some reason all of my applications dont wanna work when i click on them in the menu screen. They load up for a second the the shell disappears @_0.... They all work if if i open up shell and type in the application. Its jus alittle annoying.

hey phil, i dont have any ideas but i think useing the command line is best anyways...maybe this is a good thing for you IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by phil128 View Post

Do you mean programs you've added to the menu yourself, or the usual programs that are installed with BT?

I do mainly use my shell. But the problem we i.e. If i were to click on aircrack-ng it;ll pop up then close @_0 this would happen with every program. But because it runs under the root shell instead of a standard shell i thought maybe its because i changed my user name (usermod) other than "root" even tho linux doesnt look at the name root for having root permissions but the UID. So i changed my user name back to root and it was fine even tho when i changed the name to what i wanted the UID was 0.

So weird.

Anyways thank you for replying and i hope other people find what i've come across useful.

Phil