Thread: Partioning USB Drive/flash drive

Just burned his ISO

Default Partioning USB Drive/flash drive

Hi Guys,

I have been doing some research online and here and I have come to a dead end

ok, I went and bought a 8GB Sandisk Cruser Titanium. I wanted to partition it so that I have 4GB for a full Backtrack 2 install (as if am using linux installed on a laptop etc), and 4GB with U3 features for windows.

Can anyone advise on how I can format my USB flash drive and how to install backtrack 2 full.

am very new to this stuff.

Is 4gb for Backtrack too much?

Thanks

I think if you repartition it you will lose the U3 capability.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I think if you repartition it you will lose the U3 capability.
    Damn, ok...

what about if I install BT2 on my other 2gb usb drive. I want to do a full install so that I can save eg WPA keys, files in the OS.

How can I do that. I have already successfuly able to run BT3 from my usb stick, but everytime I reboot I start from scratch

Edit: With regards to U3 functions, you can reinstall the U3 software

Quote Originally Posted by Ni3saan View Post
    Damn, ok...

what about if I install BT2 on my other 2gb usb drive. I want to do a full install so that I can save eg WPA keys, files in the OS.

How can I do that. I have already successfuly able to run BT3 from my usb stick, but everytime I reboot I start from scratch

Edit: With regards to U3 functions, you can reinstall the U3 software
    I think the U3 reinstall will repartition the drive as one partition. As for installing to the usb, do a search for "usb install with changes". I run bt3 this was on several different machines/media and it works just fine.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

l mentioned this in another post but l think it's worth saying here.
    l've got BT2 on a usb [not a hard install though] of 1GB, but l think a 4GB would be better if your going to keep saving sessions. Anyway, l just typed the following after the login screen and it gets saved to the MODULES folder and when you login next time everything is saved - or it appears to be with me.

dir2lzm /mnt/live/memory/changes changes.lzm
    cp changes.lzm /mnt/path2usb/bt/modules/

'path2usb' is sda1_removable on minE

Haven't tried it on BT3 yet though.