Thread: metasploit vunerablilty script?

Just burned his ISO

Default metasploit vunerablilty script?

Hey, I've been recently using metasploit I was wondering if anyone has a script for it so it checks a machine for any vulnerablilties? It would be a great help since it would be faster than checking all of them by hand. Thank you for the help in advance

Quote Originally Posted by luca662 View Post
    Hey, I've been recently using metasploit I was wondering if anyone has a script for it so it checks a machine for any vulnerablilties? It would be a great help since it would be faster than checking all of them by hand. Thank you for the help in advance
    db_autopwn
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

I was wondering if anyone has a script for it so it checks a machine for any vulnerablilties?
    You can also run Nessus on the machine to scan for vulnerabilities and then import this into metasploit using db_autopwn.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Note
    msf > db_create test
    createdb: could not connect to database postgres: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
    Is the server running locally and accepting
    connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
    psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
    Is the server running locally and accepting
    connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
    [-] Error while running command db_create: Broken pipe
    Have you setup the database? Is it running?
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

I tried using metasploit, but I am having a problem with the db_hosts command. Can anyone help me out?
    Code:
    msf > db_postgres
    [-] Unknown command: db_postgres.
    msf > load db_postgres[*] Successfully loaded plugin: db_postgres
    msf > db_create
    CREATE DATABASE
    ERROR:  table "hosts" does not exist
    NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "hosts_id_seq" for serial column "hosts.id"
    NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "hosts_pkey" for table "hosts"
    NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / UNIQUE will create implicit index "hosts_address_key" for table "hosts"
    ERROR:  table "services" does not exist
    NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "services_id_seq" for serial column "services.id"
    NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "services_pkey" for table "services"
    ERROR:  table "vulns" does not exist
    NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "vulns_id_seq" for serial column "vulns.id"
    NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "vulns_pkey" for table "vulns"
    ERROR:  table "refs" does not exist
    NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "refs_id_seq" for serial column "refs.id"
    NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "refs_pkey" for table "refs"
    ERROR:  table "vulns_refs" does not exist[*] Database creation complete (check for errors)
    [-] Error while running command db_create: This plugin failed to load:  Failed to connect to the database

Call stack:
    /pentest/exploits/framework3/plugins/db_postgres.rb:127:in `cmd_db_create'
    ./lib/rex/ui/text/dispatcher_shell.rb:234:in `send'
    ./lib/rex/ui/text/dispatcher_shell.rb:234:in `run_command'
    ./lib/rex/ui/text/dispatcher_shell.rb:196:in `run_single'
    ./lib/rex/ui/text/dispatcher_shell.rb:191:in `each'
    ./lib/rex/ui/text/dispatcher_shell.rb:191:in `run_single'
    ./lib/rex/ui/text/shell.rb:125:in `run'
    ./msfconsole:77
    msf > db_hosts
    [-] Unknown command: db_hosts.
    EDIT:
    Sorry thorin I deleted my post before you posted. Can someone link me to a tutorial. I found 2 and each show diffrent things. Both of them don't work.

Is there any specific reason that you are using postgres instead of sqlite? As I have understood it is generally considered to be a better option than postgres. Give it a try and see if you have any better luck with that.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

you must use "load " to load the sql script.
    msf>load db_sqlite3
    msf>db_create
    msf>db_nmap
    msf>db_autopwn