Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Accidentally booted BT at my job

IMHO, the real thing you should be worried about here is your "friend". If s/he is stupid enough to screw around with your desktop and leave it in that condition, how do you know that they won't mention what they saw in a conversation with somebody else (not meaning any harm, of course -- just chatting) - that eventually gets around to someone at work that doesn't like what they hear?

This "friend" of yours doesn't seem too bright if they left BT3 up on your desktop at a banking institution.

I'd start by getting more intelligent friends.

#1. You're a dumb a++ for bringing BT to a Banking Institution as a grunt!
    #2. Most, well ANY job that deals with banking info requires a security clearance. It would be a hard lesson to learn if you get FIRED! On a side note, one of the guys at work is fond of his 400GB fully loaded with years of downloads usb HDD that he watches all his movies on (night shift). He left it there one day by mistake. Guess what happened. You're right, years of his data GONE. Apparently a system scan detected some software on there and system-matically wiped the threat away. Lucky for him he was able to recover it later. Anyway, do you like you're job? If so and you're not in the security dept. Then leave you're sh!t at home!!!!!!!!!! I dont like yelling at people, but this was dumb. #3. And don't be downloading sh!t at work either.
    <EeePc 1000HA BT4/W7 USB boot Alfa500 GPS BlueTooth>

ninwii

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    However, the only thing that BT will have transmitted is a DNS request to assign the computer a local IP address.
    you mean a DHCP request

if backtrack used the real mac its just another dhcp request....if backtrack set the mac manually (not default) its possible that a tool like arpwatch record your machine.

you mean a DHCP request
    Yes you are right, I mean a DHCP request
    if backtrack used the real mac its just another dhcp request....if backtrack set the mac manually (not default) its possible that a tool like arpwatch record your machine.
    BT will use the real mac unless you manually fake it first.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12