Thread: Dual-Boot XP and Real non-live BT3 on eee pc

Hybrid View

Talking Dual-Boot XP and Real non-live BT3 on eee pc

well, as fate would have it, I had some sort of virus on my XP eee pc, and I had to delete windows... but now that I have a 4GB ssd and a 16gb sdhc card, both empty, I want to know if it is possible to get the real, non-live, uncompressed version of BT3 on either the ssd and the sdhc, and windows on the other. I have gotten both OSes to work when on the ssd, but niether of them on the sdhc (I have gotten the live BT3 to work on the sdhc).
    If they can work on both, I would prefer that I have tiny XP on my ssd and and bt3 on my sdhc. as for the disk formats, any format type is fine with me. I only plan this to last me through school, so I dont really care about journaling partitions.
    Oh, and sorry if this has been posted somewhere before, the search function on the site has been acting screwy for me(i could search eee pc in all posts/threads, and not find any results, yet if I wonder through the forums, I would find one that matches my criteria.)
    Thanks
    (if it makes it any easier, u could IM me... just look at my profile for my AIM screenname)
    Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them, because they change things.

You need to make some clarity with your sentencing..
    I have gotten both OSes to work when on the ssd, but niether of them on the sdhc (I have gotten the live BT3 to work on the sdhc).
    What do you exactly mean by that? you can't get dualboot on sdhc? If that's the case you can make BT3b install onto sdhc and then install windows on the ssd. You then reconfigure lilo/grub to make sure dualboot works. Also you need to set which device has boot priority, I suggest the sdhc and you put either lilo or grub on that partition.