Thread: Any other way to speed up WPA cracking

Default Any other way to speed up WPA cracking

So i got my whole WPA cracking down with my router and i understand it all.
    i was so pumped when i got it all to work... but now... ive got a a 778 MB wordlist thatll take FOREVER even if the pass is in the list!
    is there honestly a better or faster way to go when cracking WPA?

thanks and sorry if its a dumb ? cause i couldnt really find an alternative faster way when i searched

Use the airolib database to precompile the essid's hash. It'll up your keys per sec to over 9000. Xploitz has a good video on it try searching the forum. It's in all his tags.

ps. in the future try to make the title of the thread more descriptive, you'll get better answers quicker.
    ================================================== ===
    Dr. Walter - Depraved linguist, Benevolent troublemaker extraordinaire
    ================================================== ===

Developer

Title edited. Please every one try to use sensible and descriptive thread titles.

ahh gotcha! thanks guyz ill look into it
    sorry bout the title

Use the airolib database to precompile the essid's hash.
    Just want to add some additional information as not to confuse F4LSE later on.

You will notice that the combined process of first compiling a database of pre-calculated hashes for one or more ESSIDs and then running the actual attack using the database will take much longer than just running a wordlist attack in the first place. The only reason for using airolib to pre-compile a database for a given wordlist is if you expect to run the same wordlist against the same ESSIDs many times. I.e. the catch is that the database will only work for the ESSIDs that it was compiled for.

Therefore it is easy to understand that compiling a hash database for an unusual ESSID is not worth the trouble, whereas having one for the most commonly used ESSIDs, like linksys, Zyxel etc., can be quite handy.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post

You will notice that the combined process of first compiling a database of pre-calculated hashes for one or more ESSIDs and then running the actual attack using the database will take much longer than just running a wordlist attack in the first place. The only reason for using airolib to pre-compile a database for a given wordlist is if you expect to run the same wordlist against the same ESSIDs many times. I.e. the catch is that the database will only work for the ESSIDs that it was compiled for.

Therefore it is easy to understand that compiling a hash database for an unusual ESSID is not worth the trouble, whereas having one for the most commonly used ESSIDs, like linksys, Zyxel etc., can be quite handy.
    thanks man i was just wondering that the other night as i was learning airolib
    much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post

You mean they can be something other than linksys?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69