Thread: how do i save backtrack configuration on usb

Hybrid View

Default how do i save backtrack configuration on usb

hey people just wondering if anyone in here would be able to clearly translate this text into noob language=

Save configuration to USB stick

After having produced the personalization, open the console and digit dir2lzm /mnt/live/memory/changes changes.lzm (changes.lzm or pippo.lzm ...) changes.lzm you have in root folder, paste in USB modules folder (BT/modules). Reboot you have saved setting up. -bzImage

There is an issue after you save to changes.lzm and boot from the module then make new changes and try to save them because you only get the new changes and not the previous. Then create new changes and have to save them. Seems you have to copy /mnt/live/memory/changes to a tmp dir then merge /mnt/live/memory/images/changes.lzm/ onto the tmp dir. Then turn that into a new module to load. -Kinchyle

If you make a subsequent change, you can just save the new change.lzm file in the /BT/modules folder using a different name: ie change1.lzm and change2.lzm and then a subsequent file called change3.lzm all without merging them. -Milon

i have read this and am still puzzeld on how to do this. any help would be greatly appreciated

Just burned his ISO

Balding Parrot did a great tutorial on this that is easy to follow. Give it a try. It worked for me so hopefully it works for you. hxxp://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7844&highlight=save+changes. Replace the 'xx' and you have the link.

I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Default ?

thanx for the reply after looking at the links i think there talking about another partion to save to ,forgive me but i need to know how to save backtrack configuration to a bootable usb stick "not the hd''.

ive seen the previous post in this forum on saving progress, but like i said im
    a noob surprise ,surprise, and it is still unclear to me, i need sort of a walk threw, if im not pushing my luck

anyways an answer is an answer , even if its not righ
    all help is appreciated

Default BT3 USB with changes

Is this what you need?
    http://purehate138.blip.tv/#600630
    <EeePc 1000HA BT4/W7 USB boot Alfa500 GPS BlueTooth>

Default wammo

cool havent see his vids before thanks for the link,oh and btw that exactly what im looking for thanx man

ok followed that started from scratch several times even got me a copy of acronis to do the partioin stil wont save.