Thread: no sound??????????/

Default no sound??????????/

hey people just another noob question for ya , im new to linux (basically have no idea) ive recintly downloaded a copy of bt2 final iso ,ive copied the iso to a 2gb thumb drive and an able to boot from usb . i just realised that there is no sound enabled ,the only sound ive ever heard was the low battery alert, im wondering if i have to change or enable something to get it working, im using a hp dv6500 special edition t5450, (ram) 2gb ,140gb hdd.

also i have keyboard sound controlls and ive noticed the mute button is highlighted, now it was highlighted when i heard the battery alert, but i cant seem to play music, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

oh and one other thing (saving configuration settings on bt2 to a usb )
    ive read the past forum entry but it wasnt really that help full , i need an idiot guid... anyways thanks in advance

Moved to new thread.
    Please don't hijack others threads by adding unrelated questions.
    Always start a new thread

I have some HP's from the DV range, with the vol & mute buttons above the k/b.
    The mute light stays orange on them. The key is not mapped to anything under BT.
    If you'd like to use it, look up key mapping.

As for checking the sound settings try alsamixer, from a console. Use alsa ctl to store setting changes.
    Also, look at alsaconf for general setup.

thanx dude i checked those configurations there all good! i just gotta work out that key mapping thing lol. anyways thanks for the quick response this is the first forum ive ever posted in and im impressed......:-) good work!