Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USB Size

If I were you, I would run it on a separate, cheap, flashdrive, but make sure it is at least 1gb in size... The reason I say this, is because flash memory has a limited amount of write cycles. I had 1gb sony microvault, and I would always have BT3 on it, then i would delete it so i could transfer a few songs or something, and then put it back on... It lasted for about 8 months doing that, and now it downgraded itself to the equivelant of usb1.0! out of the blue, when i have had no physical damage done to the flashdrive, it now takes me 40 minutes to put BT3 on it, on any computer, windows, mac, and linux! I know 8gb flashdrives are somewhat expensive, but a 1 gb can be picked up for ~10 to 20 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I always wanted to have that ideal father son relationship. You know, where I get to see him for like eight hours every other weekend, and send checks to some woman I hate.
    RvB rocks! (sorry bout the off topic-ness)
    Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them, because they change things.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Got you all beat. I had it running on a 1Gb stick. Not much room for changes though.
    actually barry i beat u because i use a 1gig but had to delete the optional.lzm file for it to fit...

Not to nit-pick but BT3 hasnt even been out eight months. I do agree with you however. I setup a flashdrive as a swap once and it died after a month.
    Information is like water...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRS View Post
    Not to nit-pick but BT3 hasnt even been out eight months. I do agree with you however. I setup a flashdrive as a swap once and it died after a month.
    Yea, I'd never put a swap partition on a flash device.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

I love learning things the hard way
    Information is like water...

What happens when your ext2 partion becomes full?

You will most likely have a hard time storing any additional data. But this information is just off the top of my head so you might want to check it.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciano View Post
    Hasn't come up yet, so who knows.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12