Thread: WTF: Metasploit Website attacked by ARP spoofing?!?

Default WTF: Metasploit Website attacked by ARP spoofing?!?

onday morning, Metasploit.com was temporarily hijacked using an attack on the local area network of Metasploit's hosting provider. Using what is technically known as ARP spoofing, the attacker was able to intercept visitors to Metasploit.com, and instead serve them up a page saying the site had been "hacked by sunwear ! just for fun. Users were then redirected to a Chinese forum with an image of the hack.

The Metasploit server itself wasn't compromised, according to Moore, who fairly quickly fixed the vulnerability by hard-coding the right route for the packets.

But since some 250 other servers are hosted on the same local area network at the service provider, they remain at risk, according to Moore.

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/200...r-hijacks.html

What a bunch of n00b cakes
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Developer

HD Moore is going to get those beeyatches!!!!!

Someone must be trying to make a name for themselves. I certainly wouldn't mess with H.D.
    Information is like water...

An interesting choice of victim indeed.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Developer

Its a Chinese h4x0r gang. here is the forum post.

http://forum.eviloctal.com/redirect....tpost#lastpost

Update from HD at Metasploit: The issue was that someone hacked a machine on the same subnet and was ARP spoofing the gateway. The metasploit.com machines were not compromised, but all HTTP requests coming into the ISP network were passed through a MITM defacer that inserted that HTML. Once I as able to set a static ARP entry and notify the ISP, the problem was resolved. So, to make things clear, the metasploit.com servers were not hacked, the ISP’s network was.

Did Moore respond as to any actions he is going to take against them? I would like to see a follow-up on Moore's end as to what he does to them, if any, interesting...

Developer

Just for the record I was kinda kidding. Obviously taking any aggressive action against the culprits would be illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Just for the record I was kinda kidding. Obviously taking any aggressive action against the culprits would be illegal.
    Yep, and had they of been stateside, they'd be well on their way to a place where they give free colonoscopies .
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze