Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fluxbox

I can't wait for BT3 Final to be release so I can get a copy of the Flux setup on my slow D500 brick

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    whats happened is you have no .xinitric file. The script to start fluxbox creates one and then rms it to load fluxbox in order to have flux and kde at the same time. I dont believe fluxbox "just crashed" as its faily stable however whats done is done. I would try a few things.

1. make sure your x session is set to kde in /etc/rc.conf

2. do a xconfig like the other fellow suggested or you can do it the Xorg way and do "X -configure". That will create a new xorg.file in root and it will give you directions on how to test it and the copy it to the proper location.

Just as a sidenote fluxbox rocks!!!!
    http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...uxboxtease.png

Just burned his ISO

now im deleting BT3 from my hdd i have deleted partitions from windows but lilo is still in here. trying find way to remove lilo without CD , diskette , flash and fdisk /mbr. becouse i cannot use ms-dos. im on laptop and i have no disks and flash's maybe i need to install BT3 again and remove it from backtrack ?

If you want to do it with out any media, I'd recommend using flame-thrower and a big-ass magnet it alter the disc structure.....

Quote Originally Posted by graabeklis View Post
    now im deleting BT3 from my hdd i have deleted partitions from windows but lilo is still in here. trying find way to remove lilo without CD , diskette , flash and fdisk /mbr. becouse i cannot use ms-dos. im on laptop and i have no disks and flash's maybe i need to install BT3 again and remove it from backtrack ?

Developer

Smile

The only way to remove lilo is to install something else on the mbr. If backtrack is to much hassle for you then reinstall your "nice safe" windows and all will be well.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

237,000 links point to removing lilo
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
    I think the first one that comes up is for Microsoft. Might wanna try that one.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Just as a sidenote fluxbox rocks!!!!
    http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...uxboxtease.png
    Badass desktop!
    Information is like water...

I recommend the live install with persistent changes. Its basically the best of both worlds. Its light on the system, all your changes get saved, and if something gets messed up you will always have the option of wiping your changes file setting you back to a default installation.
    Personally I would always recommend a full HD install as long as you have free space left. The system will be more responsive this way, as it can read faster from the HD than CD, and will be lighter on the system, as it does not have to run the OS from RAM. Because many of the applications in BT are quite heavy this will guarantee you the optimal performance for your system. (Well moving to command line only interface will of course free up still a few more MB of RAM and CPU cycles for you)
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    Personally I would always recommend a full HD install as long as you have free space left. The system will be more responsive this way, as it can read faster from the HD than CD, and will be lighter on the system, as it does not have to run the OS from RAM. Because many of the applications in BT are quite heavy this will guarantee you the optimal performance for your system. (Well moving to command line only interface will of course free up still a few more MB of RAM and CPU cycles for you)
    I can agree with that. I am just a fan of being able to save my changes file and then try something I know might mess up my install. I make a lot of mistakes. I am also running BT3 on an EEEpc 4g which does have some space limitations.
    Information is like water...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12