Thread: AWUS036H Dropping packets?

Just burned his ISO

Default AWUS036H Dropping packets?

My Alfa AWUS036H tends to drop about 10-20% of the packets compared to the internal card in my eee pc. Is this normal, or did I get a bad alfa? (I've had it for a few years, but I think it's always had this issue) If I'm using it to sniff, I don't get enough packets in a row to reconstruct any kind of file. It's pretty much only useful to inject.

That doesn't sound good, which driver are you using with it and do you use the supplied 2.5dbi antenna or some other one?

How far away from the AP are you sitting when this happens and do you have a clear line of sight? Personally I have to say that I have not noticed any issues of the kind you are describing with my AWUS036H. I use the supplied 2.5dbi antenna + an self made parabolic reflector.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

I've used both the commercial cantenna and a 7dBi netgear replacement antenna. I don't believe I have the original antenna any longer. I have line of site and am about 10ft away from the ap.

If this is uncommon, perhaps I should buy a new one online. Is there any good supplier of this online besides ebay shops?