Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: all ports filtered?

Default all ports filtered?

Ive comed to a stop guys. ive learnt to hack my Wifi and tightened the security more and more. if it is a firewall in your router, you are screwed right? i got 3 computers up and running, all behind a firewall and Nmap says all ports are filtered. now what?

Btw are you able to change your transmit power? (Dlink-DWA 645)

if it is a firewall in your router, you are screwed right?
    If you have a brick wall firewall policy set up with up to date firmware, no remote administrator access and no ftp/telnet access from wan allowed then sure, the attacker is pretty much out of luck getting in through the router.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Default hmm

I got administrator privileges to the router, it is a "NETGEAR DG-834N" ive just bought it, and i dont know how to remove the firewall? ive tried to add rules and stuff:S

Just make sure your wireless security is zipped up tight or it won't matter how good your firewall is.
    Information is like water...

Quote Originally Posted by n00b_h4xx0r View Post
    I got administrator privileges to the router, it is a "NETGEAR DG-834N" ive just bought it, and i dont know how to remove the firewall? ive tried to add rules and stuff:S
    Might be worth checking out the manual if you just bought it.

Default firewall

but i dont get it? is there anyone who knows how to shut it off? its WEP and i got the key. i scanned all computers with nmap, but all ports are "Filtered" but i dont even got a AV :S:S lol

You are trying to attack the network from within, right? If so I don't really see the need of disabling the firewall on the router. However it can easily be done from the routers configuration panel (same place where you set up the WEP encryption). Just RTFM or google your router for more specific help on turning it off, if needed.

Filtered ports usually indicates a firewall at work. You could create a nat that allows anything from an outside address(wan) to go to anything with an inside address(lan), anmd vice versa. I dont reccomend this....RTFM

You could create a nat that allows anything from an outside address(wan) to go to anything with an inside address(lan), anmd vice versa.
    How would this help him seeing as he is on the LAN himself as well and not outside the router?

Default fasttrack

The problem is this : i can´t take control of my other computers :S i have turned windows firewall off, and now i can see open ports on my machines but fasttrack gets no sessions :S is this normal??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast