Thread: image to matrix

Default image to matrix

One of my side projects is based on image analysis. How would turn an image into a matrix form or bitstream so that I may run image analysis algorithms on it? I've read about discrete cosine transform and discrete wavelet transform, but how do I code such a thing? Point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

If you want to code such things, then plugging terms like "wavelet transformation source code" into Google is a good place to start locating examples of prior works.

If you'd rather try applying such transforms images to see how such transforms actually work on an image, it's much easier to search for (e.g. "wavelet transformation photoshop") and locate plug-ins for applications such as PhotoShop than it is to code them from the ground up.

Back in the 1990's when I was fiddling around with images and wavelet transforms, (ANSI/NIST-CSL-1-1993 - Data Format for the Interchange of Fingerprint, Facial & SMT Information) coding was almost a requirement, because things like PhotoShop either didn't exist, or were in their infancy. If I were to do it now, I'd jump straight to a application like PhotoShop, download a plug-in, and avoid all the drama, angst, and heartburn of trying to 'roll my own.'
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Thanks, its hard keeping track of all the stuff I'm googling, like a loop of dependencies and then I forget what I was originally doing. Things are slowly coming together.

Default well...

if u want to make analysis of real time images maybe i could suggest to use a library called OpenCV:

OpenCV (Open Source Computer Vision) is a library of programming functions mainly aimed at real time computer vision.

Example applications of the OpenCV library are Human-Computer Interaction (HCI); Object Identification, Segmentation and Recognition; Face Recognition; Gesture Recognition; Motion Tracking, Ego Motion, Motion Understanding; Structure From Motion (SFM); and Mobile Robotics.
    Keep posting about how youre going with that...