Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble installing Linksys WUSB600N v2 in backtrack 4 final under VM Workstation 6.5

Just burned his ISO

Question Trouble installing Linksys WUSB600N v2 in backtrack 4 final under VM Workstation 6.5

I have the latest release of backtrack 4 installed under VM Workstation 6.5.3, now has anyone an idea how to install the driver for Linksys WUSB600N v2 so that backtrack 4 recognize it. So i can use airmon-ng ,...

I am still noobisch in linux but i am getting the hang of it. I tryed to istalle a driver but it didn't work. So i anyone can help me plz reply

Default Re: Trouble installing Linksys WUSB600N v2 in backtrack 4 final under VM Workstation

Have you checked if the card is compatible with the aircrack suite?

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Trouble installing Linksys WUSB600N v2 in backtrack 4 final under VM Workstation

Quote Originally Posted by Snayler View Post
    Have you checked if the card is compatible with the aircrack suite?
    I checked it but it doesn't, but i found a site where Linksys WUSB00N is working under backtrack.

But for example i buy a new one like Linksys WUSB54GC on the site it says linux support, but no windows support ,does the windows support mather?(found on this site compatibility_drivers [Aircrack-ng]

And does anyone now if Linksys WUSB54GC works out of the box or what do i have to do to make it work?

thx in advanced

Kyzerk93

if u go to the link below there's a list of of wireless cards that are compatable with backtrack

HCL:Wireless - Offensive-security.com

but then u scroll down and it tells u that u need

Driver : rt2870 (modified by hirte and nemesis)
    Chipset : Ralink rt2870 a/b/g/n
    You will need kernel.lzm and to compile the included driver from the link above.

to the get the kernel.lzm u just need run

bt~#wget http://www.offensive-security.com/kernel.lzm
    bt~#lzm2dir kernel.lzm /

but i cant seem to locate the driver rt2870 that is modified by hirte and nemesis

but i did find this idk if it will help much

RT2870 BT4 Guide (working!!!) - Remote Exploit Forums

Quote Originally Posted by LinuX NoOb View Post
    But for example i buy a new one like Linksys WUSB54GC on the site it says linux support, but no windows support ,does the windows support mather?
    No, unless you want to be able to inject under windoze.

Just burned his ISO

I am looking for this file the nemesis drivers for wusb600n v2, anyone know how to get this working in backtrack4?

Quote Originally Posted by timotheuzi View Post
    I am looking for this file the nemesis drivers for wusb600n v2, anyone know how to get this working in backtrack4?
    i've made my device working using this guide: Getting the Linksys WUSB600N *v2* USB Stick to work in Linux « Azmo’s Weblog

but i cant put the device into monitor mode and cannot even change the mac. the internet works good.
    please let me know if you've found a fully workaround/fix.

Just burned his ISO

just got this beast (WUSB600N V2 with ralink rt3572 chipset) monitoring/injecting like a charm under backtrack 4 final running on vmware

follow this french guide for rt2070/rt3070 (translate with google):

Crack-wpa.fr FORUM / Installer Drivers RALINK RT3070 sous Ubuntu pour l'injection !

with a notes mentioned here for "rt3070v2-next" branch

Please Help! With AWUS036NH RT2800 Driver Under uNetBootin USB BackTrack 4f

do not forget to blacklist what has to be blacklisted - see the guide for a precompiled kernel in the same thread a couple off messages above (but I think you will have to compile the kernel yourself instead of using the precompiled version)

during kernel configuration ('make menuconfig') i have ONLY selected <M> for "Ralink rt2800 (USB) support (EXPERIMENTAL)" and "{*}" for "rt2800usb - Include support for unknown (USB) drivers"

before compiling the package, ensure to fix 2 minor issues, mentioned in the same thread a couple of messages below

I also had to download and extract rt3071.bin firmware (yeah, looks more than strange - rt3572 chipset, working with rt2800 driver and rt3071 firmware ) from Debian's firmware-ralink 0.24 staging package here:

Debian -- Details of package firmware-ralink in sid

and voila!

yours truly,
    noname

Just burned his ISO

I think new WUSB600N v2 drivers released by RALink for RT3572USB on 25-06-2010

Ralink corp.

or go directly to

RALINK SOFTWARE END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT

If anybody has any success to use this USB stick for penetration
    Last edited by rks70; 07-08-2010 at 09:22 AM.

Just burned his ISO

I know you have heard this 1000 times because i have seen it on other post but I still don't see a solution.

I have done:
    wget http://www.offensive-security.com/kernel.lzm

and i see the file download in terminal, i also see on desktop..
    but when i type:
    lzm2dir kernel.lzm /

I get:
    bash: lzm2dir: command not found

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast