Thread: --z invalid option?

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default --z invalid option?

Hi,
    Using the WEP hacking with no clients tutorial. It says on the final step to enter aircrack-ng -z ...

However, when I enter it, it says -z is an invalid option. Whats going on?

I'm using the BackTrack 2 LiveCD, I think, I burned it in DEC 07.
    tazzik

Developer

If you are using the default backtrack 2 cd the version of aircrack on there does not yet have the -z option. Moreover it doesnt even implement the PTW attack yet so I would suggest getting bt3 beta.

Also tazzik, with the newest version of aircrack you don't need the -z argument. The PTW is default in the newest version.

Remember that when using the much faster PTW method there are some additional requirements compared to the old KoreK method. For one you will need to capture the whole packets, not only the ivs, and you have to use the ARP re-injection method.

The KoreK method can still be used in newer versions of the aircrack-ng suite with the -K command.

You can get the latest version here http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php#download
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

So is there a way to replace the aircrack that is already in the ISO image with the new aircrack version before I burn the ISO image to a CD? Can I just overwrite the aircrack files from the newest downloaded version, if they have the same exact name? Or would I also need to mess with configuration files and paths to get the new aircrack into the version 2 LiveCD?

Just burned his ISO

Is there a way to upgrade the aricrack on the LiveCD version 2 final? I am going to put it on a flash drive.