Thread: intel wireless abg 3945-Injection Support

Just burned his ISO

Default intel wireless abg 3945-Injection Support

I'm going to buy a laptop with Intel wireless abg 3945 built in wireless card, and due diligence told me to look up information on it. Unfortunately, this is what I found:

Some of the information on the web says there is 0 ways to give injection support

Some of the information on the web says that you can use ipw3945 to give injection support

However, some of the information on the web says that ipw3945 does not work, and you need ipwraw

And then there are those people who say that you cannot use ipwraw to do injection, only monitor mode

Lastly, are those people who talk about some kind of proprietary daemon that makes absolutely no sense to me.

So I want to know: What steps do I need to take (if it is possible at all) to give my card:

i) Injection Support
    ii)Monitor Mode
    iii)Internet Access

So that I can have all 3 (it's okay if I have to do a few steps to change in between them, that's expected, just as long as I don't have to follow a 2 page guide every time I want to do it)

Or, should I just stay as far away from this card as possible?

I would appreciate any information you may have.

Thank You, Rofler

Just burned his ISO

Injection works perfect, have tested it on backtrack 3 just load the ipwraw module

Just burned his ISO

BTW, not that it matters, but I am getting the XPS M1330 shipped with Ubuntu (No need for windows) and I was looking through the internet, and couldn't for the life of me figure out the whole iwl3945 and ipw3945 deal, which one does this computer come with?

Any help would be really appreciated.