Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: airpwn error setting channel

Just burned his ISO

Default airpwn error setting channel

Hey, I posted on the newbie forum about this, but no one was able to help me and I was wondering if anyone could help me out here. I am using a wg511t with bt3 beta. When I try to run airpwn with my wg511t i get a error saying "error setting channel to #" here is what I typed into console

Code:
    bt ~ # airpwn -c /conf/xss_attack -i ath0 -d madwifing -v -v -v
    Parsing configuration file..
    Opening command socket..
    Opening monitor socket..
    Opening injection socket..
    LORCON - tx80211_setmode(...) is deprecated, please use tx80211_setfunctionalmode(...) instead
    Error setting monitor mode for interface .
    Listening for packets...
    Channel changing thread starting..
    changing channel to 1
    Error setting channel to 1
    changing channel to 2
    Error setting channel to 2
    changing channel to 3
    Error setting channel to 3
    changing channel to 4
    Error setting channel to 4
    changing channel to 5
    Error setting channel to 5
    changing channel to 6
    Error setting channel to 6
    changing channel to 7
    Error setting channel to 7
    changing channel to 8
    Error setting channel to 8
    changing channel to 9
    Error setting channel to 9
    Does anyone have an idea how to fix this problem? I've been stuck with this for a month now unable to fix it. Please help. Also should I just give up and get a new wireless card?

Just burned his ISO

Could it be possible that my wireless card is damaged? It is kind of bent at a slight angle upwards from me dropping my laptop onto it.

Could it be possible that my wireless card is damaged?
    Anything is possible, however have you noted that airpwn will need two 802.11b interfaces to work, one for listening and another for injecting?

If you are worried that your wireless card might be damaged you could easily try out injection/sniffing with the aircrack-ng suite to determine it.

if you are interested in using airpwn to change/show pictures or simply alter http pages this can be done using ettercap + filters with only one wireless/wired interface. However this will be done using ARP spoofing, which is easier to detect and fix. The common user however will see no difference.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

dementia_reign

what type of card make and model are you using exactly?

dementia_reign

trunk/iwcontrol.c
    r97 r104
    613 613 }
    614 614
    615 int iwconfig_set_mode(const char *in_dev, char *in_err, int in_mode)
    615 int iwconfig_set_mode(const char *in_dev, char *in_err, int tx80211_mode)
    616 616 {
    617 617 struct iwreq wrq;
    … …
    627 627 memset(&wrq, 0, sizeof(struct iwreq));
    628 628 strncpy(wrq.ifr_name, in_dev, IFNAMSIZ);
    629 wrq.u.mode = in_mode;
    630 /* LORCON modes align with Linux wireless tools modes */
    631 wrq.u.mode = tx80211_mode;
    630 632
    631 633 if (ioctl(skfd, SIOCSIWMODE, &wrq) < 0) {

this is the code to trunk/iwcontrol.c it is saying that a function call in your code is depreciated this means it isnt to be used that it needs to be upgraded like .net programming they change the.net framework alot so the calls will depreceate and you need new calls you may need to go in and alter the code or download from here and do a fresh build

http://802.11ninja.net/lorcon/changeset/104

if this doesnt work make sure your wirless card can even go into rfmon mode to and has injection capabilities i run a proxim orinico gold a/b/g with an external pigtail it works well for rfmon and injection never really injected much just trying to be helpful

Just burned his ISO

Ok well I am able to inject with the card so it seems alright, but dementia_reign I am confused by your post. What am I supposed to do? I tried searching my whole entire hard drive for a iwcontrol.c file and couldn't find any. Where is it located? And do I just take the new file I download from the internet and paste over it? I'm terribly confused. Also =Tron=, you can use 1 interface for airpwn. Doesn't the -i option allow you to use 1 interface?

I was basing my answer on this excerpt from http://evilscheme.org/defcon/ where they describe an attack using arpwn.
    airpwn requires two 802.11b interfaces, one for listening, and another for injecting.
    However after some additional research it does seem like it actually is possible to use it with only one interface, but depending on the drivers you use.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

dementia_reign

the only reason i say that is beacuse when a function is depreceated it needs a different call i googled that and it said it is part of the lorcoon package im not saying for sure but you may need to find the problem in the code that its saying its finding should be ready upon release but all systems hardware is different so that could be causing it but just try upgrading lorcoon if thats what you use like i said just trying to be helpful try the man pages for your software your having issues with

Just burned his ISO

I have another interface that I could do it with, but how would it be set up? When I try to use 2 interfaces with
    airpwn -c /conf/xss_attack -M ath0 -I eth1 -d madwifi-ng -v -v -v
    it sends puts me back in the main main.

Just burned his ISO

hi
    your problem was here : Error setting monitor mode for interface
    put your card in monitor mode before
    and don't touch lordcoon or you can't use airpwn
    you can see tutos and video on french forum
    XXXp://forum.backtrack-fr.net/viewtopic.php?id=521
    you need just 1 card and it's work on 54mb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast