Thread: Asus eeepc

Just burned his ISO

Default Asus eeepc

Hey guys, i've recently registered because i need help with my eeepc and previously i didn't, now i have a few , and they are:

1) i want to put BT3 on a 2gb sdhc card instead of having a usb sticking out all the time, i looked around and there was already a tutorial but unlike him my sd readers could read my sd and so i did what he did with the usb on the sd but when loading it errors and says to restart with ctrl+alt+delete and so i do but errors again and again but the usb doesn't. now his tutorial is all good and everything but i don't want to partiton my sd or anything like that, so what to do instead?

2) after booting BT3 and loading how do i change the resolution because i right click on the desktop and go to display but as soon as i do that the "OK" and "Cancel" buttons go off screen and i can't press ok after changing the res to make it change, so what to do?

3) i've started using my eeepc more and so i turned on my 1TB external HD to look for things and i found the Auditor live cd and im assuming that it has something to do with you guys because if you load it on a cd drive instead of booting it you get a internal webpage with a link to come here. Anyway i want to get the live cd bootable on my sd or usb for the eee, so what to do?

4) does the "Install Backtrack (NOT TESTED!) function going to work if i do it, now it may seem stupid to ask if it works if its hasn't been tested but i think that BT3 has been out a while now and someone must of tested it, unless im wrong and came out last week lol. because i don't want to ruin the solid state HD because i couldn't be bothered to buy a usb cd drive and had to figure out how to install xp using the sd instead which didn't take that look but the actual installing of xp using a sd instead of the cd takes so long and i don't want to do it again, so what to do?

i think thats it for now, i might of forgotten something and i'll let you guys know if i have lol. The eeepc is really good but sometimes annoying lol and i hope at least 3 out of the 4 problems can get solved if not all.
    Thanks in Advanced.

Just burned his ISO

Come on guys, can someone at least answer Number 2?
    Please

Quote Originally Posted by jesusowns View Post
    Come on guys, can someone at least answer Number 2?
    Please
    Be patient.............

No.2: Hold the "alt" key and drag the window to a more convenient location

(iirc!)

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jesusowns View Post
    1) i want to put BT3 on a 2gb sdhc card instead of having a usb sticking out all the time, i looked around and there was already a tutorial but unlike him my sd readers could read my sd and so i did what he did with the usb on the sd but when loading it errors and says to restart with ctrl+alt+delete and so i do but errors again and again but the usb doesn't. now his tutorial is all good and everything but i don't want to partiton my sd or anything like that, so what to do instead?
    Ok so if I got this correct you followed a tutorial for an sd card but instead used a usb? Now after following this tutorial your install does not work?
    And you want to do this again but this time not create any partitions?

2) after booting BT3 and loading how do i change the resolution because i right click on the desktop and go to display but as soon as i do that the "OK" and "Cancel" buttons go off screen and i can't press ok after changing the res to make it change, so what to do?
    If you want to change the resolution then you need to edit the syslinux.cfg file. This is found in
    Code:
    #/mnt/sda1/boot/syslinux/
    So you will need to use an editor for this.
    Code:
    #nano /mnt/sda1/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg
    Then navigate to the section that contains your "with changes" and change the resolution from vga=0x317 to vga=0x31
    Make any other changes you want to and then ctrl-x to exit, y to save, and enter to save it under the same name.
    Then you can reboot.

3) i've started using my eeepc more and so i turned on my 1TB external HD to look for things and i found the Auditor live cd and im assuming that it has something to do with you guys because if you load it on a cd drive instead of booting it you get a internal webpage with a link to come here. Anyway i want to get the live cd bootable on my sd or usb for the eee, so what to do?
    Yes the auditor cd came from some of the same dev's as Back Track, however it is old and mostly outdated. Not to mention that you will probably have a hard time finding support for it here. It's probably not going to work on the eeepc.

4) does the "Install Backtrack (NOT TESTED!) function going to work if i do it, now it may seem stupid to ask if it works if its hasn't been tested but i think that BT3 has been out a while now and someone must of tested it, unless im wrong and came out last week lol. because i don't want to ruin the solid state HD because i couldn't be bothered to buy a usb cd drive and had to figure out how to install xp using the sd instead which didn't take that look but the actual installing of xp using a sd instead of the cd takes so long and i don't want to do it again, so what to do?
    Slow down buddy this is like one giant sentence and it is hard to follow.
    As for the installer there is a tutorial on using bt3 beta and the eeepc here.
    In that thread there is also information on installing bt to the actual internal eepc sd card.

Thanks in Advanced.
    Look I hope the above information helps you out. If not then please post again with more detailed information of what you are trying to do.
    And please use a little more punctuation, this will help me and others to help you.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

@archangel.amael, thanks for all of that really helped. And for my first question i used a usb and a sd, the usb worked fine with bt3 but the sd didn't and got an error instead.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ireallyown View Post
    @archangel.amael, thanks for all of that really helped. And for my first question i used a usb and a sd, the usb worked fine with bt3 but the sd didn't and got an error instead.
    Generally speaking ireallyown if you want help and good help it is important to provide pertinent information about your problem.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.