Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 million ivs....no key....?

Just burned his ISO

Default 2 million ivs....no key....?

Hi, I am not a n00b, at least not that much but I will post here because it probably is a newbie question.

I am able to crack WEP easily, mostly never needed more than 200,000 ivs to get the key within a few seconds in aircrack. But this time I have 2 million and it still gives nothing. Aircrack tests tens of millions of keys for hours, for all bits sizes.... but nothing.

I am 100% sure it is WEP protected, all progs show this, so what can the problem be? Do I really need more?

Cheers.

Is it protected using 64/128/152/256 or 512 bit WEP encryption. And in case it is encrypted with more than 128 are you using the -n command to specify the correct one?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    Is it protected using 64/128/152/256 or 512 bit WEP encryption. And in case it is encrypted with more than 128 are you using the -n command to specify the correct one?
    Hi Tron, I never use the -n command.

With the others it always found the correct key without it....it automatically scans all bits when you leave it out, if I am right, so I never use it.

Thinking like the noob that I'm last week I had the same problem but then I realized something.
    I had stoped and then reiniciated the attack, so when I issued the following comand:

bt ~ # aircrack-ng -n 128 --bssid 00:C0:49:E7:E5:37 USR9106-01.cap

I had to substituie the USR9106-01.cap by the correct number USR9106-02.cap

Just a thought.... I'm just guessing...

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Armagedeon View Post
    Thinking like the noob that I'm last week I had the same problem but then I realized something.
    I had stoped and then reiniciated the attack, so when I issued the following comand:

bt ~ # aircrack-ng -n 128 --bssid 00:C0:49:E7:E5:37 USR9106-01.cap

Just a thought.... I'm just guessing...
    Hi cheers, but I got the correct name/number. I merged it with ivstools and it has a very simple name, allyerkeysrbelongtome.ivs .... hehe.

A good tip is to USR9106*.cap instead. Then aircrack-ng will use all cap files with the prefix "USR9106" within the directory to crack the key. However this is not relevant to this thread as oollpp already can see 2 000 000 ivs.

Quote Originally Posted by oollpp View Post
    ...I am 100% sure it is WEP protected...
    Sure != Know

Why don't you know? after all you have control of the router... don't you?
    wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by oollpp View Post
    Hi cheers, but I got the correct name/number. I merged it with ivstools and it has a very simple name, allyerkeysrbelongtome.ivs .... hehe.
    Great, would you care to give us a link to the ivstools information, please.

h**p//mmm.ivstools.com/noobies/news for example

or just post your shell commands here, for us, thanks.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by ««EDocTooR»» View Post
    post your shell commands here, for us, thanks.
    Hi the command I use to merge ivs is:

--ivstools (name of the first ivs capture).ivs (name of the ivs capture you want to merge it with).ivs (prefered output name of the merged file, I use allyerkeysrbelongtome).ivs

If you have let's say 5 seperate captures that you want to merge, you just type all 5 in 1 command line and they all will be merged in 1 go...the last .ivs in the command will be the merged file you can use in aircrack.

I now got more than 5 million ivs...still no key

Hi Tron, I never use the -n command.

With the others it always found the correct key without it....it automatically scans all bits when you leave it out, if I am right, so I never use it.
    Actually I believe that it will only try 64 and 128 bit encryption for you if you leave out the –n option. However seeing as you did not reply with saying something along the lines of O’h you’re right Tron it is actually 256 bits, or No I actually use 128 bit encryption on my AP so it should work, I feel more and more sure that it is not your own AP you are trying to crack

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast