Thread: wireless hacking

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default wireless hacking

HI,
    l was watching this youtube vid on 'wireless hacking' and l'm wondering how this guy is viewing the victim in real-time. Do l need something like mini-remote or can l configure my browser to watch someone else browsing on the same network??? l can't post the url 'cosl have to make 15 posts first it seems.So, if you put the title below in google it will be the result.

The Real Hustle- How easy it is to hack WEP w/l?

Thanx.

The Real Hustle is a good program.

That video I think was setup because its highly illegal to pentest/hack someones wireless AP without there permission; even if they are the BBC.

Yes it is possible, that episode is old but the pages that he printed out [from victims pc] where possibly just grabbed by packet sniffing, or wifizoo [un secured cookie hi-jacking].

Just burned his ISO

yeah Deny, l think your right, but l know there are programs that will allow you too watch the other person browsing on your network in Real-Time, as it's happening. l'm not sure if Driftnet does this! though l'm pretty sure mini-remote from the Dameware tools does, but l can't see how the guy in the video has done it.Also, there was a prog called Etherwatch that could do it, but l can't find a download for it anywhere.
    l've sniffed ppl on my wireless network with CAIN on windows [through arp-poisoning] and l can see where they've been, but that's different to real-time viewing. Just curious how it's done.

Just burned his ISO

Default Driftnet

I read your post and I am also looking for a program that you describe. I thought I would see if I could find the Driftnet prog that you are having trouble getting.
    I was able to find it with google in about 10 seconds btw. Here is the link for you.

Oh, I am not allowed to post links, so do this, go to google - type in driftnet - it is the very first result showing.

Why don't you check Driftnet out and post back on here the results.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks Gordon, l will be looking into Driftnet, but the prog l wasn't able to find was 'Etherwatch'.
    Driftnet is actually included in Backtrack though.

Just burned his ISO

Default oops

Hi,
    Yes I misread that totally
    I was wondering how you couldn't find Driftnet, my bad
    post if you figure out a good solution for this

Default With just backtrack alone

Just Ettercap can do this by itself once you arp poison. Check the plugins. Remote_browser.
    ================================================== ===
    Dr. Walter - Depraved linguist, Benevolent troublemaker extraordinaire
    ================================================== ===

Just burned his ISO

Thanks guys. Appreciated.