Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Authentication failed (code 1)

Just burned his ISO

Default Authentication failed (code 1)

After running the command

aireplay-ng -1 0 -a <bssid> -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 wlan0

I can't assiociate with my AP. I get this message over and over

Sending authentication Request (Open System) [ACK]
    AP rejects the source Mac address (00:11:22:33:44:55) ?
    Authentication failed (code 1)

I've already changed my mac with macchanger to 00:11:22:33:44:55. I've tried the fake mac address several times with multiple success but can't seem to get authenticated with my AP. I'm not too close and not too far away so everything should be working. Is it because I have mac address filtering on? If so how can I get past the mac address filtering?

Just burned his ISO

I understand that your AP has mac filtering enabled, this means you can't associate with it unless your mac known/accepted by the AP. So what you have to do is spoof your mac adres to one of the accepted adresses one way to find these is airodump-ng [interface]. let it run for a while and hope someone is communicating with the AP at that moment, you will see one table with AP's (upper) and a table with station (lower) and you can change your mac to one of the stations that was just communicating with the AP.

Ofcourse this will only work when someone is using the ap.
    I'm quit new in this, but this should work.

well, if you temporarily turn off the MAC filtering on your wifi router, do you get any further?
    if so, then yes; the MAC filtering is slowing you down.

~k
    "...you've picked up a bit of an attitude. Still curious and willing to learn, I hope. "

Is it because I have mac address filtering on? If so how can I get past the mac address filtering?
    it might very well be due to the mac filter unless it does grant access to the mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 that you are using. The way to get past this filter is to spoof your mac to one of the mac addresses that are allowed by the router.

Just burned his ISO

Yea but is there a way to get around the mac filtering without having to sit there and wait for someone to connect to the AP?

Yea but is there a way to get around the mac filtering without having to sit there and wait for someone to connect to the AP?
    Well as it surely is your own AP (???) you are trying to associate with and crack it should be no problem figuring out which MAC addresses are allowed in the filter. But regarding your question I do not believe there is any other way to bypass a MAC filter than to spoof your MAC.

As i'm paranoid, when i was learning about cracking i simply added 00:11:22:33:44:55 to the list of allowed macs, so i could test injection etc without having to remember my mac, or risk anyone else sneaking in when i wasn't looking!

I have looked, with no success, on how to get around mac filtering without spoofing, AFAIK its not possible (yet)
    If video games influenced behavior, we'd all be wandering round darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music...............

i simply added 00:11:22:33:44:55 to the list of allowed macs, so i could test injection etc without having to remember my mac, or risk anyone else sneaking in when i wasn't looking!
    Any specific reason you think that adding the, by newbie hackers, probably most widely used MAC address to the allowed list would make you more secure?

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    Well as it surely is your own AP (???)
    Evidentally not
    &#119;&#116;&#102;&#63;

Quote Originally Posted by KaYoS View Post
    when i was learning about cracking i simply added 00:11:22:33:44:55 to the list of allowed macs, so i could test injection etc without having to remember my mac, or risk anyone else sneaking in when i wasn't looking!
    Obviously i blacklisted the mac when i had finished

I also had the router's config page open on a pc with a wired connection so i could watch what was going on.
    If video games influenced behavior, we'd all be wandering round darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music...............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast