Thread: MDK3 in BT4 Final

Just burned his ISO

Angry MDK3 in BT4 Final

Ok, now I have demonstrated to the neighborhood that WEP is extremely easy, WPA and WPA2 while a little more difficult was do-able. The jaws dropped, I LOVED it. Still having a problem with hidden ssid's. Have a real good grasp on mdk3 and the ineer workings and commands, but when I start a command console leared and type in "mdk3 wlan0 p -c (x) -t (xxxxxxxx) -b m -s 50" I get a no command or some such error, so I started mdk from-- k-menu>backtrack>radio netwo..>80211>all. The terminal shows-- root@bt:/pentest/wireless/mdk3#. I have tried everything to try to get the thing to run, but I keep getting bash: p command not found. I have tried every combination of commands I can think of, adding the mdk, removing the wlan, etc. but I keep getting the command not found.

I wouldnt't ask, but everything I have found on google, forums, and the wiki, refers to bt4 (pre) final, and bt3. I'm not very adept at linux, and I know I'm missing something really obvious (I hope), rather think it was me.

Also, are there instructions somewhere to make bt4 final network to an xp machine. I'm going to use this as a primary os on my work computer. I really like the way Kate works, I'm an advertising writer on a normal day, but things havent been too normal lately, and this project is some amateur side work. They said if I can do it, most anyone can.

Thanks a lot for suffering my long wind-ed-ness, any help would be appreciated. Vic

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: MDK3 in BT4 Final

You've been using backtrack on the wireless networks in your neighborhood?

Do you have everyone's express consent to crack their WEP passwords?

As xX_Spiidey_Xx would say:
    "we DO NOT SUPPORT ILLEGAL ACTIVITY ON THIS FORUM!"

The only reason I'm not flagging your post is because your writing was so terrible that I couldn't fully understand what you were trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by kadaver View Post
    As xX_Spiidey_Xx would say:
    "we DO NOT SUPPORT ILLEGAL ACTIVITY ON THIS FORUM!"

The only reason I'm not flagging your post is because your writing was so terrible that I couldn't fully understand what you were trying to say.
    Now seems like an excellent time to provide a gentle reminder about one of our forum rules. To quote:

We will no longer tolerate abusive or derogatory remarks, or members acting like self-appointed moderators. The forum staff are here to help you. Please use their services. If ANY member has an issue with the content of ANY post within these forums, use the “REPORT THIS POST” button – This is the red triangle icon when using the default forum theme, or the asterisk icon when using the Blackfire Razor forum theme, found in the top right corner of each post.
    Emphasis in the above quote is mine. If you see something you dont think is right at this forum, then please report it. One of the moderators will check the reported post, determine if a forum rule has been broken and take action as necessary.

Thank you.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

Talking

If kadaver had paid any attention, he would know that YES I have permission, I'm doing this for my neighborhood assn, but I guess he don't know how to check for posts under my name. As far as the writing goes, I'm not posting for a living, and didn't expect an editor to be reading my stuff in here to critique. Thanks a lot lupin, but enough of that, it's not getting anything solved.

To clarify what I asked a little more. I need to know the proper syntax to use in mdk3 for brute force, AND dictionary attacks. I can find plenty for bt4 (pre) final and previous versions, but the syntax must be a little different because I keep getting "bash: p (or others) command not found.

The next question, not so important, was about where to find instructions for networking. I am considering using bt4 as a primary OS on my work computer.

bash: kadaver solved nothing.

If time heals all wounds, does it also wound all heels?

In response to kadaver: I have permission from my neighborhood assn. for this to stop war drivers that have managed to break a few bank accts. If you checked for my previous post you would have known that. As far s my writing goes, I didn't think I was going to get paid for this post, please don't be an editor, it doesn't become you.

Thanks a lot lupin, flamers are a constant nag in a good forum.

To clarify my previous post, here: I need the correct syntax for the mdk3 commands in BT4 final. I have found all kinds of stuff all over the web for BT3, and BT4 (pre)final, but the syntax I've found for brute force and dictionary attacks doesn't work, and when starting the mdk from k-menu>backtrack>radio netwo..>80211>all everything I have tried ends up giving me a bash: command not found.

The second part of the question isn't really that important, but I may switch to BT4 for my primary OS on my work machine, I like KATE. I advised the assn like previously suggested, but a few of us want to know all the ins and outs of how the idiots got access to the networks.

Three people can keep a secret, if two of them are dead. B Franklin.
    Last edited by Archangel-Amael; 02-10-2010 at 04:02 PM.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Proper usage for MDk3:

./mdk3 --fullhelp

This will list all of the options available.
    I may have been born with a silver spoon in my mouth but it does not mean I like to be spoon fed.

Developer

The syntax for MDk3 has not changed. It is the same. Frankly victor.hatley, I find your attitude very poor. In regards to your comments on the writing/English in your posts, you should realize that on a internet forum its extremely important. Its the only way we have to know you, so, if your post makes you seem like a illiterate idiot who is to lazy to use spell check, many people here will treat you that way, including me. So I would have to argue that spelling/grammar in posts in extremely important.

I also find your entire story hard to believe so I for one do not wish to help people I think are full of it.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks a lot skinnypuppy, I missed the ./ in the whole ordeal.

I have to note though, that the people in this forum are rather harsh. I realize that this is a sensitive subject to people, but when a congregation asks, a minister performs to the best of his/her ability. The assn wanted this info and I only have one person to thank for helping an old timer along in his way.

Thanks a lot skinnypuppy, YOUR help was invaluable.