Thread: Warning - User Jessie

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Warning - User Jessie

Hello,

sorry if this is the wrong section to post, but maybe it is from interest for you.

The user "Jessie" sent me this pn:
    Re: Unix

Hey,
    What's up?

---
    Jessie
    hxxp://jessie.rack111.com
    I did not open the link, but as far as i know, is it a) some sort of spam or b) a virus. Maybe someone can ban this user

On google most results say, that it is a virus. Just thought to post this, because maybe some other users are not that experienced with pcs and click on it..

In the original pm there is of course no hxxp, but i am not allowed to post urls.

regards,
    unix

He send me a pm to with the same content.

I didnt click the link either,

Quote Originally Posted by unix256 View Post
    Hello,

sorry if this is the wrong section to post, but maybe it is from interest for you.

The user "Jessie" sent me this pn:

I did not open the link, but as far as i know, is it a) some sort of spam or b) a virus. Maybe someone can ban this user

On google most results say, that it is a virus. Just thought to post this, because maybe some other users are not that experienced with pcs and click on it..

In the original pm there is of course no hxxp, but i am not allowed to post urls.

regards,
    unix
    Thank you for making the forum aware; it'll be dealt with by the mods!
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

I received it too!!!
    Thanks for sharing the information.

I got it this morning, from the subject it looks like it has been some sort of bot sending this.
    If video games influenced behavior, we'd all be wandering round darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music...............

Received the message as well, I agree it's likely an automated bot. Curiosity got to me, I used wget on the link & viewed the source through a shell with no GUI on VMware. There's a script link at the bottom to: rack111.com/fixstats.php. The rest of the page is just links to various other sites, i.e it appears to be typical spam. I also ran the URL through an on-line webpage virus checker. It couldn't connect to the server.

Developer

Thanks for posting. I am currently checking the link in a text browser and dealing with the user.

EDIT: looks like harmless spam to me however I hate spam more than I hate virus/trojans (At least I can get rid of those). User Jessie has been banned. Once again thanks to the OP for looking out for the welfare of others and the forum. We are only as good as our members.