Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny Stuff

Don't let Renderman see this.

http://www.xkcd.com/413/
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

-Google is watching you

-June 1, 2001, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer: "Linux is a cancer that attaches itself in an intellectual property sense to everything it touches."

Doing some Cisco homework and thought this was quite funny .
    http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5615/79880295dz4.jpg
    "avoid" ???
    - Poul Wittig

WTF, is it just me or is 499$ way to much for 1.5m of Cat5?

AK-DL1

$499.00

Denon's 1.5 meter (59 in.) ultra premium Denon Link cable was designed for the audio enthusiast. Made from high purity copper wire and high performance connection parts, the AK-DL1 will bring out all the nuances in digital audio reproduction from any of our Denon DVD players with the Denon Link feature. Attention to detail when building this cable was used by empoying high quality insulation, tin-bearing alloy shielding and woven jacketing to reduce vibration and to add durability. Additionally, signal directional markings are provided for optimum signal transfer. Rounded plug levers help prevent breakage.
    http://www.usa.denon.com/AKDL1_G.gif

http://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/3429.asp

*/ Mod's : I know this is a WTF more then a Funny,*/

Quote Originally Posted by BOFH139 View Post
    WTF, is it just me or is 499$ way to much for 1.5m of Cat5?
    You wouldn't believe the amounts of money an audiophile will pay for set of cables, or vacuum tubes. I've seen people spending thousands and thousands of euros for their equipment.
    But, the audiophiles are extremely funny to watch when they gather around their gear, sit in their armchairs, sip a nice cognacs and start talking "music". Like,
    "see, I told you this cables can pronounce those fourty hertz freqs much, much better than the others. And just hear those beautiful 19 and a half kilohertzes. You cannot get better than this cables..." , and so on and on.

But then again, everyone probably has some kind of hobby...
    Beer is served only to members of the trade union!

Years ago I worked in a place that sold top end Audio equipment and we also sold cable that went from ~.02€ per meter upto 25-30€ per meter.
    There was always people that were looking for the best OXS gold plated cables. The funnest thing was are demo room was wired with a std. 79 stand cable that retailed for ~.70€ per meter {we were making >800% profit on this}.

This is also a funny read.....
    Do Coat Hangers Sound As Good Monster Cables?

Quote Originally Posted by NaZirCon View Post
    You wouldn't believe the amounts of money an audiophile will pay for set of cables, or vacuum tubes. I've seen people spending thousands and thousands of euros for their equipment.
    But, the audiophiles are extremely funny to watch when they gather around their gear, sit in their armchairs, sip a nice cognacs and start talking "music". Like,
    "see, I told you this cables can pronounce those fourty hertz freqs much, much better than the others. And just hear those beautiful 19 and a half kilohertzes. You cannot get better than this cables..." , and so on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by BOFH139 View Post
    This is also a funny read.....
    Do Coat Hangers Sound As Good Monster Cables?
    Oh, yeah.The Monster Cables.What a hoax...
    Being a pro musician for the last 20 years, i've never (repeat, never) noticed a difference between a cheap guitar or whatever cable, and a Monster one.

But now i'm drifting away from General IT discussion.Sorry, mods...
    Beer is served only to members of the trade union!

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by NaZirCon View Post

Maybe we should start a business offering extended warranties on coat hangers.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

We could always start selling Wifi Speed Spray as well...

The patented formula in WiFi Speed Spray™ is the result of years of scientific research and testing. Simply spray the area around your computer. Usually five or six sprays is all it takes. As your computer sends data, each bit also carries hundreds of invisible WiFi Speed Spray™ "scrubbing" molecules. It works at the speed of light. and even penetrates lead walls (not even Superman can do that!). Within .0025 seconds, the entire path between you and the receiver is cleaned, scrubbed, polished, and sanitized. You'll notice the improvement immediately as your productivity soars!.

Wifi Speed Spray™ lasts up to one hour under normal conditions. When you notice that things are slowing down, just grab your handy WiFi Speed Spray™ and reapply. It's easy!

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Maybe we should start a business offering extended warranties on coat hangers.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast