Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKill View Post
    You're very welcome. Pffftttt, they're balloons! People have no sense of humor these days....
    They're too busy yelling "Think of the children!"
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    Here is the direct link:
    h t t p://w w w .27bslash6.com/matthewsparty.html
    A lot of other funny stuff by David Thorne can be found on this site and it is a great resource to lighten up boring workdays.

Latest XKCD comic:
    h t t p ://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/windows_7.png]
    Hey!?... What happened to the mouseover??
    In all large corporations, there is a pervasive fear that someone, somewhere is having fun with a computer on company time. Networks help alleviate that fear.
    -John C. Dvorak

DiggThis-09-f9-11-02-9d-74-e3-5b-d8-41-56-c5-63-56-88-c0

Default How to Suck at Information Security...

In all large corporations, there is a pervasive fear that someone, somewhere is having fun with a computer on company time. Networks help alleviate that fear.
    -John C. Dvorak

Good friend of the forums

How to Suck at Information Security...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=5644
    Expect end-users to forgo convenience in place of security.
    I got to work on this one.

Very good friend of the forum killadaninja's Avatar

Require your users to change passwords too frequently

Hmm I dont see why that was so funny, this could easily save your system, share passes, account admins, email etc, did I miss suttin?
    P.s I dont wanna be a party popper
    Sometimes I try to fit a 16-character string into an 8–byte space, on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by killadaninja View Post

Hmm I dont see why that was so funny, this could easily save your system, share passes, account admins, email etc, did I miss suttin?
    It's usually attached to a "can't use the same password for the next 45 passwords" policy. The average person will just write their new password down on a sticky and stick it to their monitor. Saw this a lot in the military before the CAC cards came into play. I think the password policy was something like, At least 9 characters, must be upper, lower, numbers and special characters, can't have any part of your name, your spouse's name or any of your children. Changes every 30 days, and you can't use the same password for 45 passwords.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Or they just change the number at the end.

The Financial Controller in the last company I worked for used the passwords like; "Password1" , then "Password2, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    It's usually attached to a "can't use the same password for the next 45 passwords" policy. The average person will just write their new password down on a sticky and stick it to their monitor. Saw this a lot in the military before the CAC cards came into play. I think the password policy was something like, At least 9 characters, must be upper, lower, numbers and special characters, can't have any part of your name, your spouse's name or any of your children. Changes every 30 days, and you can't use the same password for 45 passwords.

Very good friend of the forum killadaninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Well this should have been explained
    Sometimes I try to fit a 16-character string into an 8–byte space, on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by BOFH139 View Post
    Or they just change the number at the end.

The Financial Controller in the last company I worked for used the passwords like; "Password1" , then "Password2, etc.
    No, that wouldn't work either, I forgot the part where you couldn't do that either.

It sucked, even I would write it down, though I'd put it in my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by killadaninja View Post

I think this falls under the "It's only funny because it's true." category.
    -John C. Dvorak

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast