Thread: Boot Problems

Just burned his ISO

Default Boot Problems

Hi all,

I am not sure if this should be here or in the newbe bit, but I have downalod the ios and used software to burn it on a cd. when I try and run it from the cd I get

ioslinux 3.36 2007-02-10
    copyright 1994-2007
    h peter anvin

isolinux: disk error 80axv=421c
    drive f9

boot failed

is it case of downloading another iso and trying that ?

I have also download the usb version but not sure how to run it from this.

I have windows vista and also have ubuntu install on my laptop any help or advice would be amazing sorry if this is a stupid newbe question I have had look on forum could not see anythink.

Take a look at these threads:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7222
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9619
    Although written for BT2, the same applies for BT3 apart from the MD5, which for BT3b is
    04ed8742fc8facd1ecc8c9f6f567c116 for the cd iso
    and
    bd0d8f507502787184b187f5a39288df for the USB/DVD version.

Just burned his ISO

Hi many thanks for that I will have look at it

Just burned his ISO

Default Is there actually a problem somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    Take a look at these expunged threads:

Although written for BT2, the same applies for BT3 apart from the MD5, which for BT3b is
    04ed8742fc8facd1ecc8c9f6f567c116 for the cd iso
    and
    bd0d8f507502787184b187f5a39288df for the USB/DVD version.
    Hi Balding

Is there an actual problem here which hasn't been addressed? I am a newbie who does search.

I was malingering on this forum waiting for someone to answer a problem about a utility no one seems to know about called SIPCRACK (I have received one DUH answer from a Senior Member who suggested he knew how SIPCRACK worked; telling me to do something I had said I had already done. Followed by a distinct shattering silence, - apparently on everyone's part) and saw this thread.

I successfully burned the CD and have used it on numerous computers to try to use this SIPCRACK program. However on one computer, I booted it about five times and the CD THEN started giving me this linux 3.36 2007-02-10 copyright h peter anvin message instead of a boot. Checked the disc, no scratches. Checked the BIOS, no problems. Continuous error message preventing the CD starting. Put CD into another computer and it works perfectly (perfectly except of course that I cant get any app to identify my SIP to feed a billion passwords into it!!)

The only other thing I can think of is some jumpering problem with an existing drive preventing something from booting but there have been no jumpering problems: I suppose there is JUST some tiny chance that a drive has died on me and is shorting but that shouldnt prevent a computer from booting from a CD?

Put the CD back into 'malfunctioning' computer after checking it on the other computer and it still wont boot: Same black screen with the same Linux line in top left corner. Took CD out and it boots properly from its hard drive.

BTW on another point, does anyone know if the sipcrack program is any more intuitive on the beta version please?

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by licensedtoquill View Post
    Is there an actual problem here which hasn't been addressed? I am a newbie who does search.
    I was malingering on this forum waiting for someone to answer a problem about a utility no one seems to know about called SIPCRACK (I have received one DUH answer from a Senior Member who suggested he knew how SIPCRACK worked; telling me to do something I had said I had already done. Followed by a distinct shattering silence, - apparently on everyone's part) and saw this thread.
    I seen your post and no one answered so I answered and gave you some information based on what I could read. I apologize for the fact that I could not read your entire post due to the font.
    As for suggesting " he knew how SIPCRACK worked"
    I never stated I knew how the program worked in this thread or your other one. I post you a link to the page that would be the "official" host of the program and it's associated documentation. Whether I know how to use the program and I stated that I did has nothing to do with what I could understand in your first original post on the matter. BTW I do know how to use the program. I will also tell you that the program is a bit old and I do not think that MaJoMu does a whole lot of support for it, especially with people he does not know.

As for the other question's in your above post about your cd working correctly or whatever this is for someone else at another time.

Back to your problems' with SIPCRACK I will now lead you to your other post.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    BTW I do know how to use the program. I will also tell you that the program is a bit old and I do not think that MaJoMu does a whole lot of support for it, especially with people he does not know.

As for the other question's in your above post about your cd working correctly or whatever this is for someone else at another time.

Back to your problems' with SIPCRACK
    [/URL]
    Sorry for my implications which were unintended: All I was looking for was someone who knew how to use the program who could tell me what I was doing wrong. I pretty much know that the computer isnt seeing the device I am trying to crack at eth0. I really need to figure out what is IS seeing the device which I call a SIP as. (I know that SIP is a protocol. Sorry for referring to it as an electronic box which uses the protocol to change the Ethernet signal into a telephone signal. You are absolutely right)

Many thanks for your response on the other thread which I am trying to interpret in the light of my own limited knowledge: I see the problem is that the writer of SIPCRACK doesnt like supporting his software with newbies like me. I can well understand that. Maybe I should try the other software which you mention to crack the password of this Cisco box, I wonder if it will work under Windows. I really am not good at importing external programs into Linux which arent written to the CD!

Did my mention of cds not booting assist anyone, - which was the intention?