Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Laptop Brand for BT3?

Just burned his ISO

Thank you.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I have the 701 4G surf. The newer ones have more space to play with, but I don't know about compatibility with BT3. If I were to buy one right now, it would be one of the new ones, I can live without backtrack compatibility, I built a box just for that.
    Barry,

I think I cannot live without BT3.

You think BT3 stable release would support the new eee's?

Or should I wait for IBM Lenovo X300 for BT3 tests?

Bugs.. bugs.. bugs.. in my head....!

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by raVenX View Post
    I have my Toughbook setup in a tri-boot configuration with WinXP/Ubuntu/BT3beta all installed on the hard drive. BT3beta installed flawlessly and I have encountered no problems running its applications. I use several different pcmcia network cards for wireless. An Ubiquiti SRC for use with an external cantenna or yagi antenna, and a Netgear WG511T for local short range use. Both cards are Atheros chip based and compatible under BT3beta and the Wildpackets driver. No problems with either. I don't run Compiz Fusion so I cannot comment on that aspect, but I run many different applications on all three operating systems and have not had any problems to date.

If you decide on a Toughbook and you find one on eBay, just make sure it's from a reputable seller and make sure you get pictures of the unit you are actually bidding on. There is a lot of junk out there.

raVenX,

I found a website here in istanbul which sells new toughbooks. There is one model that I really liked... The Panasonic Toughbook CF30.. You think the BT3 works with newer models?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by mesaphlin View Post
    You think the BT3 works with newer models?
    I can't say for sure, but I had a CF-29 and ran BT2 from a LiveCD on that model with no problems. I would think that the CF-30 would be no different.

After the CF-28, Panasonic switched from a magnesium case to some sort of hardened plastic. I actually went from a CF-29 down to a CF-28 because I preferred the magnesium over the plastic. All CF-xx Toughbooks pass the same stringent strength and durability tests so one could conclude magesium versus plastic is just a personal preference.

Brand new Toughbooks carry a hefty price tag. I was trying to save you some money by suggesting a used Toughbook. If you're dead set on buying a new laptop, I'm sure there are many other quality laptops out there that will you suit your needs at a much lower cost than a new Toughbook.

XxDarkxNessxX

what about mini laptop of hp?

Just burned his ISO

I have Lenovo X60 .....works great!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12