Thread: BT3 Beta Live install customize

Unhappy BT3 Beta Live install customize

Hi the reason I am reposting is that I wasnt sure if my post was going up or not because of my title (it was pretty generic- posting rules )

Anyways

I am having some trouble with the customization of a live install.

My config is
    sda1 - FAT
    sda2 - ext3

I have enabled save changes and everything works perfect apart from the customizing part.. I am trying to mod the bootsplash - etc/bootsplash/linux/image and all changes are not working. I have also tried extracting the etc.lzm from the base folder then moding that image then I recompile and still no luck.

i have followed some tuts like splash -s and makesplash but with no luck.

Is this mod possible on a live install?

BTW does lilo get used in a USB Live version? maybe that is my problem..

Anyway thanks in advance .. and Sorry to the moderators for so many posts as I wasn't sure if my title was stopping my post from getting posted..

thanks again

Does anyone not the answer or is this not the forums for this question?

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by s0di4m View Post
    Does anyone not the answer or is this not the forums for this question?
    Could be a number of reasons for no answer. It could be no one seen your post that could answer it. Could be that the title of your thread was not specific enough for others to have looked at it. Could be that the information you provided was not specific enough for others to help you. And last but not least it could be the fact that all of the questions you have asked have been asked thousands of times before and have been answered here and on the wiki.
    So it might be sound advice to have a look around here and use the search function.
    Good luck
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

thanks arch..

i have looked at the wiki i have followed all the tuts and it does not seem to work.

i did read a tut somewhere but it was based on ubuntu and it instructed to mod the kernal.. if this was the case i wont be doing it as i am still too n00b.

The instructions on the wiki gives an example from a HDD install and i am using live usb. anyway i spose i will try hacking away at it.. its not hard to fix a usb version anyway

If anyone does have any advise on getting this to work pls let me know, atleast tell me if it is possable on live usb.. thanks again

ok i have gone and done some research... by looks of thing i can only change the bootsplash via lilo.conf i have tred it and it works.. apart from the kernal panic, although im not worried about that. I ran bootinst and all was good again but with the original bt3 backsplash.. but i wont to do it on a live USB which does not use lilo.conf (- or does it) sorry guys but this is just doing my head in.

Thanks

s0di4m