Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dlink DWL122 f/w2.03 ver.b1

Just burned his ISO

Default Dlink DWL122 f/w2.03 ver.b1

Hello everybody.
    I am a new new newbie.I have read quite a while to use this BackTrack live cd.After a lots of reading I found the way to do it right and boot up the BackTrack ,Now that I have a question to ask (I know that I have a long way to go by reading and reading...)
    Is there a driver installed in the Backtrack of my wireless device (Dlink DWL122)?If yes how can I activate it after I boot up the Backtrack ?If not how do I install it to use with the lived CD ?Or maybe someone already asked this question I am still doing the reading and searching.The reason I post is just trying to get the answer quick maybe someone can lead me to the link.Thanks in advance.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

Here's how to tweak it to get it to work.

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=13423

Just burned his ISO

Hi friends
    I have read and read and tried so now I got to the point I have install the driver for my D-Link G122 everything seem to be good to go but I now stuck at : please enter your Attack mode .
    Which link I should jump to read about this Attack stuff ?

Quote Originally Posted by solosong54 View Post
    Hi friends
    I have read and read and tried so now I got to the point I have install the driver for my D-Link G122 everything seem to be good to go but I now stuck at : please enter your Attack mode .
    Which link I should jump to read about this Attack stuff ?
    What are you trying to attack?

Just burned his ISO

I am trying to attack my wireless signal to see if I could crack into it.
    I put
    aireplay-ng options rausb0
    then it came out
    Please specify an attack mode.
    I already get my BASSID and ESSID and also I saw another one ,too must be one of my neighbor

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

solosong54 start by rtfm

Code:
    man aireplay-ng
    man aircrack-ng

aireplay-ng options rausb0
    then it came out
    Please specify an attack mode.
    You would think the message would indicate that you are using the wrong command. Use the search function on this forum for several great tutorials on how to crack WEP, I could just link to them but feel that you need to work on your searching skills. Also in the linux world the –h and --help commands are your best friends
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Hi I finally got to the point: Association sucessefully:-)
    but I can't connect to the internet.Do I still need some more steps before I can go to internet?

By the way I forgot to mention that I used this D-Link wireless usb dongle which has 2 led light on top.I remember when I used it with windows .it will light up when I plug it in and when it's connected ,the 2 led light (one Active and the other Link)will lighted up. But when I used with BackTrack even though it's active but I don't see any light at all .Is this normal ?

But when I used with BackTrack even though it's active but I don't see any light at all .Is this normal ?
    This is normal behaviour for most usb adapters under linux, so if everything is working fine there is no reason to panic.

Hi I finally got to the point: Association sucessefully:-)
    but I can't connect to the internet.Do I still need some more steps before I can go to internet?
    So you are trying to crack a WEP encryption, right? At this point you have just associated with the AP, which means that you are able to inject packets to it to generate some weak ivs that can be used to crack the encryption. At this point you are going to need to run both airodump-ng (to collect the packets) and aireplay-ng (for injecting the packets). And after collecting enough weak packets you will need to run aircrack-ng to get the actual WEP key.

But for heavens sake, just RTFM already!
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast