Thread: Updating BT3.0 BETA USB drive via package manager

Just burned his ISO

Default Updating BT3.0 BETA USB drive via package manager

Hello BT community,

I just did a 2 hour update process and I restarted and it would no longer let me boot from my USB drive. It's a 4 Gig drive and at the menu it would count down from 20 and start over again no matter what boot option I chose including OS -> ram. Is there anyway to repack the update files onto the USB drive so I can boot with a fully updated OS?

Average Joe

P.S - Is BT3.0 based off of slackware 11.0.0?

Just burned his ISO

I should also add that the USB drive has a FAT32 file type. Does it need to be EXT2?

Or does this question only need a yes or no? (Using the package manager to update the OS + applications and have the updates STAY!!!)

Developer

Bt is based of slax which is based of slackware 12.0. What probably happened is you blindly said yes to a full global update when you really had no clue what half the packages do. I'm afraid theres not much we can do for you. Let this be a lesson that updates in linux are not always the best thing. Many of them are beta. At the very least one should research what one is updating. One package can destroy another packages whole dependency tree.

Default corumption

I have noticed that when ever i try and do anything with the package manager it freaks BT3 out, all i do is copy over boot and bt3 folders and re run the bootinstall and everything is how i left it.

I use a 2 gig stick

1GB for BT3
    1GB for changes

Hope this helps.. im a bit of a n00by to0

s0di4m

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for the replies!

I didn't 'blindly' say yes in that way. I recognized packages and removed ones that I didn't need. My list was still quite big and my real question isn't so much 'how to do it' but more 'does BT3 support it?' ... if it's a per-package basis then that would suffice.