Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Computing WPA-PSK table for an unsual SSID

peithan

How big is this file you guys are talking about? I've got this one: wpa_psk-h1kari_renderman 36gig file, how long would it take to add 1 essid to this file and re-compile it? aprox? 1 week? 1 day? It's on a laptop, Acer 4315

This file you're talking about, is it avaliable for download somewhere?

Just burned his ISO

I was not talking to add an SSID to the tables of Church (wpa_psk-h1kari_renderman 36gig file). I am talking about generating myself a table dedicated to a special customized SSID that is not available in the list of SSID used for the Church table, but using the same dictionnary.

peithan

May I ask why? Isn't it easier just to add the SSID and re-compute?

Okay, using a word list that has 996358 passphrases in it, takes about 19 hours on an eee to create a file. 14.64 passphrases per second.

Quote Originally Posted by peithan View Post
    How big is this file you guys are talking about? I've got this one: wpa_psk-h1kari_renderman 36gig file, how long would it take to add 1 essid to this file and re-compile it? aprox? 1 week? 1 day? It's on a laptop, Acer 4315

This file you're talking about, is it avaliable for download somewhere?
    This is what we are doing. In that file there is a txt file that has all the passphrases used with each of the ssids. All we are doing is using gpmk to create a new file with whatever ssid we want with that word list. The word list is 11Mb, and the hash file I created is 40M, I'm thinking the length of the ssid might change the hash size some what, so will the password word list.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdooglepoots View Post
    I just used CoW's 1mil wordlist and yea, it took a little under a day to compute and another day to 'verify all'. done in VM with one 2.8Ghz core...

Im not sure about the necessity of the verify step. I do it just to make sure that there are no errors, but if I 'clean all' before what are the chances for errors...

One kinda OT question: can airolib and aircrack still not crack any password with capitol chars?

It will be a bit faster on a real machine and not a virtualized one. I've created them in four or five hours before.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

peithan

@Barry: First off i'd like to apologize if my questions seems stupid. But how can a 36gig file go from that big to 40m? Is it depending on all the ssid's added with it? And why are you using gpmk instead of airolib? Wich is best? When i made a 7gig *.txt file and imported with airolib it took 3 hours to import that file and then it segmentation faulted. Maybe it was to big?

Thanks!

Okay, just goofing around now...

With the file I just generated and using cowpatty, my eee tested 1148018785 passphrases in 56.54 seconds. That's 20304442.69 phrases per second. This is for my home network, and it didn't id the psk. This is a 4G 701 rev surf with 2Gb of ram, running BackTrack3 of a 2Gb sd card.

"The Box"™ did the same in 25.5 seconds for 45021546.71 passphrases per second. It is an AMD Athalon 2200+ with 1Gb of ram running BackTrack3 off a 4Gb usb drive.

That's actually not too shabby.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

peithan

zznark.. I'm on the batch command since 7 hours back. Using a 500mb wordlist and it's still going on. Is this normal? :S
    atm it says: Computed 3350000 PMK in 25573 seconds. (130 pmk/s, 150000 in buffer)

Imagine how long it'll take on a 36gig file...or Xploits 2 password dvd's 7~gig

For those of you who are wondering about the time required to generate WPA Rainbow tables, the Church of WiFI's initial 7GB tables were created on a cluster (of approximatedly 20 servers), that took about a week to complete the tables.

The 33GB tables where generated on machines using special FPGA hardware, which were optimized for computing the tables. While FPGA systems are several magnitudes faster than standard processors for this type of work, those tables still took days to generate.

Note: Please give proper credit. The Church of WiFi generated the both sets of WPA Rainbow Tables. The Shmoo Group was very kind to host the tables for distribution on the Web, but didn't generate them.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by peithan View Post
    @Barry: First off i'd like to apologize if my questions seems stupid. But how can a 36gig file go from that big to 40m? Is it depending on all the ssid's added with it? And why are you using gpmk instead of airolib? Wich is best? When i made a 7gig *.txt file and imported with airolib it took 3 hours to import that file and then it segmentation faulted. Maybe it was to big?

Thanks!
    Because that 36Gb file has 1000 different ssids. The file I created is one ssid. Like I said before, I've never used the airolib program. Genpmk is the origional program thought up by Thorn, and created by Josh Wright and Renderman. That's the one I know how to use.

peithan

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Because that 36Gb file has 1000 different ssids. The file I created is one ssid. Like I said before, I've never used the airolib program. Genpmk is the origional program thought up by Thorn, and created by Josh Wright and Renderman. That's the one I know how to use.
    Do you know any guide how to use that program?

I am still computing this 500mb file, been going on for 24hours now oo

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast