Thread: Logon NEW MEMBERS... new/old technique

Default Logon NEW MEMBERS... new/old technique

Logon NEW MEMBERS... new technique

I wanted to logon to dd-wrt.com; when I started to create an account
    instead of typing out what I seen on a gif.
    I was requested to ( 14 + 3 = ), and I was thinking how kewl would it be to
    have the one at remote-exploit.org be something like:

The Question:

(Search the site for the binary answer to this, 1110 + 0011 = )

The Solution:

Carry......11
    ...........+0011..........+3
    .............===..........==

The Answer:

( 1110 + 0011 = 10001 )

Just a thought, sorry about the periods, I in fact have no idea how to use tab in the message area.

Programming using binary is used in both programs and in electronics.
    http://www.play-hookey.com/digital/adder.html

Wow... That confuses me, I would just take the 00 as nothing and add 11 to the other number. I don't think I was ever taught to add numbers with 00 at the beginning. Wait, I don't think you did it right... can you explain it more. lol

Yes he did it right. For each of the 0's in 8-bit binary their respective values in term of position are 128-64-32-16-8-4-2-1. Making 1110=14 and 0011=3 and 10001=17

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Quote Originally Posted by Shnap View Post
    Wow... That confuses me, I would just take the 00 as nothing and add 11 to the other number. I don't think I was ever taught to add numbers with 00 at the beginning. Wait, I don't think you did it right... can you explain it more. lol
    Google "Binary arithmetic".
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

I hear what your saying, not a bad idea, but I don't think it's fair for the
    n00bs to have to do maths or 'Binary arithmetic' to create an account, they'll never be able to create an account - Heck, most can't even figure out how to get their IP address

Quote Originally Posted by Shnap View Post
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/frustrations/5aa9/
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Actually, the correct answer is 1,121.

Since you haven't called out any numbering system (or "base") it would default to decimal. It would be like me asking "What is the sum of 782 + 962?" Would you answer 1744, or 10E4? How about "What is the sum of 765 + 677?" Would you answer 1442, 1664, or DDC?

So you can see that without the inquisitor providing all the required info, the chances of the respondent getting burned at the stake are quite high.

Let's at least try to be fair.

Actually, I don't know how my IP, or Mac addresses are suppose to be configured yet;
    I know what they are, but have no understanding of what goes where, or why.
    I don't know how to do smart research on a forum, my searches never work.
    I know how to search google and get results, forums are new to me.
    I hope I figure it out before I have to go back to college ;-)

For the Noobs, don't worry you don't need to know binary, ;-)

To learn how your network works, and play.

Quote Originally Posted by SLK001 View Post
    Actually, the correct answer is 1,121.

Since you haven't called out any numbering system (or "base") it would default to decimal. It would be like me asking "What is the sum of 782 + 962?" Would you answer 1744, or 10E4? How about "What is the sum of 765 + 677?" Would you answer 1442, 1664, or DDC?

So you can see that without the inquisitor providing all the required info, the chances of the respondent getting burned at the stake are quite high.

Let's at least try to be fair.
    Yeah, Before he edited it, I didn't have a clue what he was doing, I would of taken it as a decimal and did it how you did.

This would work great to keep bots out and people that don't know how to solve the question, witch would probably be most.