Thread: Installing BT without CD or USB

Just burned his ISO

Default Installing BT without CD or USB

Hi My laptop doesn't support USB booting and has no internal drive.
    It's got XP already installed on it and before I buy a dedicated Drive that uses a IDE cable is there anyway I can install it directly in XP?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fez_uk View Post
    Hi My laptop doesn't support USB booting and has no internal drive.
    It's got XP already installed on it and before I buy a dedicated Drive that uses a IDE cable is there anyway I can install it directly in XP?

Thanks
    is that one of them eee laptops? if you don't have a cdrom, or usb, does it have a wireless card? if not, how are you gonna use BT? Does it have a pcmcia slot, if so, what card do you have? Other than USB, or CDROM, I'm not 100% sure how you can achieve this other than VM?

Just burned his ISO

Its a dell latitude C400, Has USB but you can't boot from USB. Which means USB mem stick or USB external CD drive is out of the question.

It has a pcmcia slot and I have a few cards. The only step I see if I want to keep it is to buy a Dell IDE external CD drive. Which work.

you could use vmware to do it, just dl the iso and run it inside xp if your hardware will support it. It wont support pcmcia cards tho.

Just burned his ISO

Just got it running on VMware player, Following a vid so it uses it and runs off the HDD. Anyway Something didnt work right so I'm going to try again tommrow.