Thread: Can you use compiz+beryl in backtrack 2?

Hybrid View

Default Can you use compiz+beryl in backtrack 2?

I've been using Fedora 8 with the desktop compiz effects. I love it. Will they work on backtrack 2?

And if that's not possible, is there a way to copy all the programs and utilities from backtrack 2 to my fedora 8 os? If so, how do I do it? I mean I can use yum install <program> and that works, but not all of the programs and utilities are available with yum. I'd rather just cp them to this partition.

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

why don't you use bt3beta ? , it have compiz built in

for this, you need the USB version of bt3b
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by drakoth777 View Post
    I've been using Fedora 8 with the desktop compiz effects. I love it. Will they work on backtrack 2?

And if that's not possible, is there a way to copy all the programs and utilities from backtrack 2 to my fedora 8 os? If so, how do I do it? I mean I can use yum install <program> and that works, but not all of the programs and utilities are available with yum. I'd rather just cp them to this partition.
    compiz will only work on backtrack 2 if you upgrade to slackware 12.0 and then install all the packages. As SV noted backtrack 3 beta usb version comes with compiz by default.

no the tools cannot just be copied over. you would have to compile each tool from source to fedora.